We weren't........but now we are! (1 Viewer)

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
4 weeks into motorhome ownership and we've been away every weekend except one so far....loving it.

Anyway, we weren't going anywhere this weekend cos hubby had to work Saturday morning. Couldn't help looking out forlornly at our shiny beast sitting on the drive, not doing what she should be....

Surprise phone call from hubby, he's finished much earlier than he thought, throw our stuff in the van and we're off!! Yayyyyyy!!!

Turns out some friends with a nice country house have invited us over for a meal tonight and Hubby joked, we'll come in the motorhome and pitch up on your lawn. Friend said 'do it, I'll even let you hook-up to the electric.....that way we can all get bladdered and you won't have to drive home!' We're even taking our two dogs to play with their two!

So we are off in about an hour.....

This spontaneity is EXACTLY what we wanted a motorhome for......best decision we ever made

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Exactly what we do, off tomorrow for dinner with friends and shall park up at another friends farm. Walk on the beach after breakfast then back home before off on Thursday to a birthday party in Banchory.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
4 weeks into motorhome ownership and we've been away every weekend except one so far....loving it.

Anyway, we weren't going anywhere this weekend cos hubby had to work Saturday morning. Couldn't help looking out forlornly at our shiny beast sitting on the drive, not doing what she should be....

Surprise phone call from hubby, he's finished much earlier than he thought, throw our stuff in the van and we're off!! Yayyyyyy!!!

Turns out some friends with a nice country house have invited us over for a meal tonight and Hubby joked, we'll come in the motorhome and pitch up on your lawn. Friend said 'do it, I'll even let you hook-up to the electric.....that way we can all get bladdered and you won't have to drive home!' We're even taking our two dogs to play with their two!

So we are off in about an hour.....

This spontaneity is EXACTLY what we wanted a motorhome for......best decision we ever made
That's the way to do it (y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Well Done,
We are learning now to keep a few things in the MH such as toilet bags, spare bedding, dry foods etc etc so that we can go away more or less at the drop of a hat.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
We live about 20k from our family's campsite, when they have a concert or function on we go in the camper instead of the car and stay the night or weekend(y)

OP
OP
Ja63

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
Well Done,
We are learning now to keep a few things in the MH such as toilet bags, spare bedding, dry foods etc etc so that we can go away more or less at the drop of a hat.

We do this too....our motorhome is fully equipped with everything we need.

All I had to pack for this night away was clean undies and a clean tshirt each.....and a bottle of milk for our morning cuppa in case our hosts weren't awake as early as us! Took me about 1 minute to pack plus about 5 mins to bung a bit of fresh water in the tank and we were away!

I have a printed list of stuff I need to pack for a longer trip and just tick it off as I put stuff in. We used exactly the same method when we had our static caravan and that worked well for years.....never forgot a thing and could pack to go in about half an hour!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
That's exactly what its all about, freedom to get off whenever the opportunity arises.

OP
OP
Ja63

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
We weren't the only ones who couldn't wait to go......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 25

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back