pitlocary wild camp (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
free/wild camping spot needed very near Pitlocary, preferably nearish to a pub......long, lonely night on me own..:ROFLMAO:

any suggestions please.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
free/wild camping spot needed very near Pitlocary, preferably nearish to a pub......long, lonely night on me own..:ROFLMAO:

any suggestions please.

Not near a pub John, but along the road that follows Loch Tummel (B8019) there is a spot by Queens View on the right of the road.

You WILL be on your own at this time of the year even the Haggis hibernate up there. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not near a pub John, but along the road that follows Loch Tummel (B8019) there is a spot by Queens View on the right of the road.

You WILL be on your own at this time of the year even the Haggis hibernate up there. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cheers keith, found it on viamichelin...:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have stopped here its not far from pitlochry Link Details - Shieldaig Camping Area :Smile:
there is a honesty box to pay what you want

thanks doug,

must be a different Pitlochry......the one i,m looking for is in central scotland, slightly above and left of dundee.
the place you suggested is in the western highlands....considerably further north west.

thanks anyway.

john.

Sep 27, 2007
dundee
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since early 70s
You can overnight in car park in Pitlochry beside the heather gems showroom.Free to park between 6pm&8am.

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
pitlocary? Pitlochry?

Are these 2 different places then????

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
You can overnight in car park in Pitlochry beside the heather gems showroom.Free to park between 6pm&8am.

yep, that's right ! i have stayed on the car park and its fine. however the the price of guinness in the local pub is bordering on banditry so take your own. :winky:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
yep, that's right ! i have stayed on the car park and its fine. however the the price of guinness in the local pub is bordering on banditry so take your own. :winky:

£3.00 a pint last Friday but a great band playing 70's rock. Just young lads but A.1.:thumb:

Liz14

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
overcab
Exp
2 years
wild camp near a pub

Hi John,

I'm a Scots lass now living in Cornwall. Find a pub and ask the landlord if you can camp for night....a true Scot would never say no. Problem today is finding a Scot. Spent two weeks touring Highlands last year first Scottish voice I heard was the checkout lady in Morrisons' Fort William. Loads of places to "wind camp" in Scotland.....just be discreet.

blazezak

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Banff Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Pitlochry

A good spot just a few miles past Pitlochry , driving from Perth ( south ) into pitlochry , drive through the town till you come out the other end and stay to the left heading for Tummel Valley ( Tummel Bridge ) on the B8019 ( postcode PH16 5SA ), you will come to Tummel Valley camping site ,, go past a few hundred yards , you will come to a junction , bridge on the left , you turn right about a hundred yards there is a spot you can park on just outside the camp , at least it was last year when I went up and hopefully still is , you can go to the pub on the site , meals served too , if you like in the wilds you have two other choices , 1 go over Tummel bridge and follow the road foe a few miles and you will come to a parking spot on your left beside an old kiln with great views , 2 it is well worthwhile heading for Braemar and camping in Glenshee , there are a few places to stop depending on the size of your van , if it is a big one like ours , go past the ski centre a few mile ( just outside Braemar ) and there is a big layby on your right , great for seeing the deer in early morning and after 7pm at night , hope this helps . ps , sorry its so long an answer .

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John,

I'm a Scots lass now living in Cornwall. Find a pub and ask the landlord if you can camp for night....a true Scot would never say no. Problem today is finding a Scot. Spent two weeks touring Highlands last year first Scottish voice I heard was the checkout lady in Morrisons' Fort William. Loads of places to "wind camp" in Scotland.....just be discreet.

A good spot just a few miles past Pitlochry , driving from Perth ( south ) into pitlochry , drive through the town till you come out the other end and stay to the left heading for Tummel Valley ( Tummel Bridge ) on the B8019 ( postcode PH16 5SA ), you will come to Tummel Valley camping site ,, go past a few hundred yards , you will come to a junction , bridge on the left , you turn right about a hundred yards there is a spot you can park on just outside the camp , at least it was last year when I went up and hopefully still is , you can go to the pub on the site , meals served too , if you like in the wilds you have two other choices , 1 go over Tummel bridge and follow the road foe a few miles and you will come to a parking spot on your left beside an old kiln with great views , 2 it is well worthwhile heading for Braemar and camping in Glenshee , there are a few places to stop depending on the size of your van , if it is a big one like ours , go past the ski centre a few mile ( just outside Braemar ) and there is a big layby on your right , great for seeing the deer in early morning and after 7pm at night , hope this helps . ps , sorry its so long an answer .

thanks guys but the request was posted on the 7th december last year.

the need is long gone now....again, thanks for replying.:thumb:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
this post will be useful for some this year :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.