Solo's Meets and Travel Section (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have been asked a couple of times if I could set up singles/solo travellers section. I don't think that solo motorhomers really need their own section, at least not an open section.

I am aware that some solo travellers are more vulnerable than others so public chatting on an open singles/solo forum might raise the risk that some low-life undesirable becomes aware of a lone travellers location. I know, I know, unlikely, but security is my business so I can't help myself:RollEyes:

That said I would be happy to open a private password protected forum. We already have one of these where UK Full timers can chat about sensitive full time issues. This works on a strict invite only basis. So you would only give the password to bonefide vouched for solo travellers. This compromise is not perfect, but should be better that advertising your status to 3000 visitors every day and being indexed on Google. Password protected forums are not indexed by Google.

If you want one it will only take a few minutes to set up.
Your thoughts? Especially you lone travellers,

Thanks

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
As you say Jim, people wouldn't join if they thought they were liable to be monitored by 3000 others so the idea of a Password protected system seems a great idea.
Have you thought of how the members would be "vetted" though.
Then again, I am not a "solo" so I don't need to know do I?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

N

Niner Zulu

Deleted User
That is a good idea.

I tend to go everywhere solo, but am big enough and ugly enough to look after myself, but it would be nice to meet other solos now and then.

I'd sign up, but whether I'd turn up at meets is a different question. This year will be difficult, as I am almost fully committed, to things happening up here in Scotland.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Good idea for us loners...................what you gonna call it? Billy-no-mates Section? :ROFLMAO:

Boo

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
A private forum would be a great help to me finding a winter med touring buddy.
I didnt even realise there was a private fulltimers forum, how do you get the password ??
I'm a bit sick of finding my posts of often sensitive issues popping up on google.

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
Hi Jim,

::bigsmile: I think this is a great suggestion, people travelling alone face issues which those travelling with someone else don't - e.g. shyness, personal safety, another pair of hands etc. :thumb:

Regards & happy travelling,

GrandmaLiz

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A private forum would be a great help to me finding a winter med touring buddy.
I didnt even realise there was a private fulltimers forum, how do you get the password ??
I'm a bit sick of finding my posts of often sensitive issues popping up on google.

taken from Jims original post on this thread....

We already have one of these where UK Full timers can chat about sensitive full time issues. This works on a strict invite only basis.

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
That would be a great idea Jim,

Last winter on the Pottugal trip it would have made it even better if i could have met up with other people along my tour. sitting alone having a drink, If you have someone to plan a route or tour with it makes it more interesting and gives you more of a reason to go somewhere!

Patrick

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
taken from jims original post on this thread....

We already have one of these where uk full timers can chat about sensitive full time issues. this works on a strict invite only basis.

ok how do i get invited ???????????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back