LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Supposedly my Dads Mototrek will be ready for collection from Itchyfeet on Friday 14th August (the one that was ordered at Malvern show September 2014 with an April 2015 delivery date!) Our plan was to all go up to Northamptonshire in our Motorhome, collect Dads, stay on a site locally on Friday night to enable us to go back on Saturday morning if there are any issues to be addressed. I am really struggling to find somewhere with availability for Friday night. We are members of the caravan club and Britstops (unfortunately the Britstops book is in the van in storage)
I wanted to go to Blenhiem for the weekend but that is full.
I have tried Glebe Farm and Rectory Farm CLs in Sywell but both are full for the weekend.
I have tried UKCampsites and Billing Aquadrome is a definite no for us.
Anyone got any suggestions please?
Andrea

Apr 27, 2012
Rushden, Northants
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
11 years
Try Sandy Hill Farm at Moulton - 69 Park View, Moulton, Northampton,- 01604 644151. Its a 5 van site, don't know whose though.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Can itchyfeet not put you up for the night for your shakedown?

Thought they would be happy to do this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We're in Italy so I can't give you the exact details but there is a CL in Cransley near Kettering which would put you about 20 mins from Sywell. Its in the book and on the CC website. @St piran can you remember what it's called?

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Try Sandy Hill Farm at Moulton - 69 Park View, Moulton, Northampton,- 01604 644151. Its a 5 van site, don't know whose though.
:dogthanks:
We have managed to get two pitches with electric on this site.

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Can itchyfeet not put you up for the night for your shakedown?

Thought they would be happy to do this
I haven't spoken to them and I don't think my Dad would ask.

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We're in Italy so I can't give you the exact details but there is a CL in Cransley near Kettering which would put you about 20 mins from Sywell. Its in the book and on the CC website. @St piran can you remember what it's called?
Thank you for taking the time to respond NickNic we are now sorted, I hope you are having a wonderful time in Italy.

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
I know you are sorted. The site NickNic was referring to is

Northfield Farm
Northfield Farm, Northfield Road, Cransley, Kettering, Northamptonshire, East of England. NN14 1PZ

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I know you are sorted. The site NickNic was referring to is

Northfield Farm
Northfield Farm, Northfield Road, Cransley, Kettering, Northamptonshire, East of England. NN14 1PZ
:calig:

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
So IF the motorhome is collected from the factory tomorrow and IF it is ready for collection from Sywell on Friday can anyone recommend a resteraunt to eat in on Friday night in the near vicinity please?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
So IF the motorhome is collected from the factory tomorrow and IF it is ready for collection from Sywell on Friday can anyone recommend a resteraunt to eat in on Friday night in the near vicinity please?

Do you want to be able to walk from the site you are on? If so there are a couple of pubs in Moulton village, one about 3/4s of a mile, one about a mile. If you are driving there are places in Northampton that aren't bad. There are also places to avoid. It depends what you want really.

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Do you want to be able to walk from the site you are on? If so there are a couple of pubs in Moulton village, one about 3/4s of a mile, one about a mile. If you are driving there are places in Northampton that aren't bad. There are also places to avoid. It depends what you want really.
We could walk but I am not sure my Dad could manage it. Do you know if the food in the pubs in Moulton village is any good? If not we could tow the car and go further away. I think we would be better off cooking in the van to test everything out but then that would mean me getting organised and doing some shopping tomorrow night on the way home from work. Thank you for your help - much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We could walk but I am not sure my Dad could manage it. Do you know if the food in the pubs in Moulton village is any good? If not we could tow the car and go further away. I think we would be better off cooking in the van to test everything out but then that would mean me getting organised and doing some shopping tomorrow night on the way home from work. Thank you for your help - much appreciated.

It's been a long time since I've been in either so can't really say how good they are. One is the Telegraph, the other is called the Artichoke. Both have websites if you Google. Those are pretty much your only walking options, there's nothing closer. If you can drive there are a lot more options.

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
It's been a long time since I've been in either so can't really say how good they are. One is the Telegraph, the other is called the Artichoke. Both have websites if you Google. Those are pretty much your only walking options, there's nothing closer. If you can drive there are a lot more options.
:calig:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back