LPG gas adaptor (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Hi can anyone help us out please.....We are Newbies and stuck at Killarney Ireland with empty 6kg Propane bottles. Has anyone used the bayonet LPG converter off EBay?
Any suggestions to how to refill our bottles while here as we have another three weeks to go. We don't want (can't afford to stay on a campsite each night!) Many thanks in advance for your anticipated replies

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Calor do do business in Ireland so I expect it is only a matter of finding the nearest stockist to exchange your bottle
http://www.calorgas.ie/cylinders/

untitled-jpg.72094

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
OP
OP
Ann&MikeMancs
Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Many thanks for your speedy replies guys!
Over here they only exchange 11kg bottles not the 6kg that we brought with us
It's looking like we may have to spend €127 to buy a Irish/Calor butain bottle & adaptor
Thanks again for your advice.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Try a council tip or scrap yard see if they have an empty they will sell you.

Eric

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Given that they have caravans/motorhomes in Ireland I find it inconceivable that they don't do 6kg bottles in both flavours. I would try ringing those on the list I posted.

OP
OP
Ann&MikeMancs
Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks. Don't fancy adaptors after reading that article!
Gasit only seem to be in England (after researching them)
We've found a company called FloGas so we are going to 'bite the bullet' and see what they have.
We are now wondering how we will manage for crossing Europe next year? It's probably very obvious to you guys but we new to this...yeah I'm sure plenty research will give us the answers!!
Thanks,from Ann & Mike in cloudy Killarney

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Don't spend €127
Check www.donedeal.ie or www.adverts.ie and you'll get one for a tenner.
I have tons, can sort you with a bottle and regulator however I'm right up in the north west.
Could even refill your 6kg too.

Edited
Daughter going to Co.Clare on Friday for a wedding.... if it helps I could get you a 13kg empty bottle down to Co.Clare and any shop will sell you a full one for about €27.
Regulator, I have good s/h units I can give you.
PM me if it's any good.

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
Using the Calor IE website and putting in Killarney and from the drop down filter just tick 6kg propane, you will need to expand the area to the larger scale as the nearest is 60 km from you but you will get the following list and from that the phone number and directions door to door.
  • Mr. Edmond Barrett,
    O'Brien Street
    Kanturk, Co. Cork

• Eoghan Mcenery
    Clieveragh
    Listowel, Co. Kerry

• Mr. Paddy Horgan,
    Tarbert Road
    Listowel, Co. Kerry

• Mr. Eamonn Casey,
    New Street
    Cahirciveen, Co. Kerry

• Cork Gas Services
    Unit 7a Forge Hill Business Park, Forge Hill
    Cork, Co. Cork

Clive

OP
OP
Ann&MikeMancs
Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you. I have researched the details and it's showing that s dealer in Mayo has 6kg bottles!
Many thanks
Ann

OP
OP
Ann&MikeMancs
Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Many thanks to all of you for helping us out. Your friendliness and generosity has been over whelming. Mike has just come back in the van with a FULL 4kg bottle that a Northern Irland caravaner has just GIVEN him - after hearing our plight he said that his regulator wasn't working so he'd use EHU & gave us the bottle ' to tide us over'!!
As my dear Mum would say 'there are more nice people than bad'!
I think we've found them, on this site!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
image.jpg
Glad you got fixed up. When you get home give me a shout and come for a brew and a look at my Gasit setup if you fancy going that route I'm only half an hour away from you. Enjoy the rest of your holiday (y)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Thanks. Don't fancy adaptors after reading that article!
Many of us used a decent refill adapter for years and it is no more dangerous than filling a fixed tank provided you only fill an empty bottle. Of course the bottle providers don't want you filling them when they charge twice as much. No more dangerous than filling with petrol. My adapter paid for itself many times over before I got a fixed tank. Now only used to refill the workshop bottles.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Many of us used a decent refill adapter for years and it is no more dangerous than filling a fixed tank provided you only fill an empty bottle. Of course the bottle providers don't want you filling them when they charge twice as much. No more dangerous than filling with petrol. My adapter paid for itself many times over before I got a fixed tank. Now only used to refill the workshop bottles.

I agree but the reason that it is not allowed in so many places is too many people do not pay attention to common sense. I use one too sometimes but it is very easy to overfill a bottle which is dangerous.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
I agree but the reason that it is not allowed in so many places is too many people do not pay attention to common sense. I use one too sometimes but it is very easy to overfill a bottle which is dangerous.
Yes,
That is the issue. Overfilling and not having the cop on to know when it's right/wrong.

The problem with "common sense"...?
It isn't so common !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back