Royal International Air Tattoo - Fairford 18th & 19th July (2 Viewers)

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Boo,

We'll be going to the Yeovilton Airday on Saturday 11th July.
The reason is that my stepson is based there. The only downside is that he is leaving for Afghanistan on June 29th :cry: so we will have to enjoy the show without him. The other reason is that you can camp out there. They have made their football field available for camping. Has got the showers and toilets right next to it.
We always go on a Friday as it is great to see all kinds of air crafts arriving and practicing for the next day.
Have a look at Link Removed

Kind regards

Maddie

N

Niner Zulu

Deleted User
I used to go often and worked at three of the shows.

There are a number of sites opened on a temporary basis for the show, the whole area is turned into a one way system and "wild camping" is definately a no - no !

The best site, which will already be fully booked up is on the village green, in Kempsford and there is a large site set up just down the road at Dunsfield.

There is also a CL but this will also be booked up by now.

Don't know if this link will work .......

Link Removed

Good luck, it is all well worth it !

The times that I went as a visitor (3), I got on the village green, and only went on the airfield for one of the days, the rest of the shows I watched from the roof of my van !

The pub by the green used to open for breakfast ! :Eeek::thumb:

Never used this one, but may be useful ........... http://www.totterdownhillcampsite.co.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Both the CC and C&CC have rallies on two adjoining fields very near the runway. I know the main C&CC site has been full since March, but they have another one a little farther away which still has space - if you go to their website, select local groups and look for the Gloucestershire DA website you'll find the details.

Not sure about the Caravan Club one, but again it will probably be organised by their district association.

Hope you manage to find somewhere, but even more than that I hope they actually manage to put on a show this year!

OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hi Boo,

We'll be going to the Yeovilton Airday on Saturday 11th July.
The reason is that my stepson is based there. The only downside is that he is leaving for Afghanistan on June 29th :cry: so we will have to enjoy the show without him. The other reason is that you can camp out there. They have made their football field available for camping. Has got the showers and toilets right next to it.
We always go on a Friday as it is great to see all kinds of air crafts arriving and practicing for the next day.
Have a look at Link Removed

Kind regards

Maddie

It's quite abit nearer me too.................do you have to book for camping?

<ight just see ya there :thumb:

Boo

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
does the USAF still have an airshow at Mildenhall? went to one many years ago it was a fantastic day out.

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
what time do you advise arriving at to avoid traffic jams.

went to lechlade a few years ago and got marooned in a traffic jam caused by this airshow for about 6 hours as cars were abandoned in front and behind us blocking the road.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Looks like about £70 for the pair of us for the basic entrace on each day and must be booked online. :(
The website does show a few campsites available for the festival.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Planning to go this year Airshow Venues - Royal International Air Tattoo (RAF Fairford) :Smile:

Anyone going or know of a good campsite nearby?

P.S Any Simmers out there? :thumb:

Boo

Emailed the tattoo organisers and here is an extract from their response together with some contact details - hope this is helpful

Thank you for your enquiry.
There is a campsite right by the perimeter fence of RAF Fairford called Kempsford Camping. Their contact details are Index, Tel: 07821613705.
For further sites available please contact Cirencester Tourist Information Centre on 01285654180 or www.cotswold.gov.uk/tourism

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

[FONT=&quot]Sarah Turner[/FONT]
Marketing Administrator
RAFCTE
Douglas Bader House
Horcott Hill
Fairford
Glos GL7 4RB
Tel: 01285 713300 ext 5380
Fax: 01285 713268
marketing2@rafcte.com
www.airtattoo.com