Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
just been on phone to caravan guard for my renewal as they were £64.00 dearer than the camping and caravan insurance while speaking to advisor he told me that I did not have European covering the policy for some reason they had not put it on last years policy but was on the year before policy and I had also had European and UK breakdown cover so I had been in France for three weeks with no insurance. Anyone who has caravan guard insurance please check your policy. There going to investigate why it's not on my policy as I asked for the same policy as the previous year and they don't have any reason why it's not on ? They have now told me it's now gone up an extra £55.00 so guess who I won't be insured with this year . Now the policy is nearly finished and luckily for me I never had any problems while I was in France what do you think I should expect from them?

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Having been with them for some 7 years would expect the reply to be it is for you to read your Policy and check it provides the cover you require, sorry I could not be more positive.

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Been with Comfort for years!No hassle and policy cost about the same each year.Hate these Companies that jack the price up every year then when you ring up to cancel renewal they can all of a sudden reduce it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Although we had a no claims discount insurance with Caravan Guard our renewal with them went up considerable this year after we made a claim for a car park shunt no one witnessed. I am getting a little suspicious of them now after being insured with them for years.

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I suppose really you measure the Company by how they deal with claims. I had a claim with Caravan Guard some 6 years ago and although it was hard work at the start possibly due to their Claims Engineers failings to do his job in the end they did pay out and i am talking in access of £20,000.

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I suppose really you measure the Company by how they deal with claims. I had a claim with Caravan Guard some 6 years ago and although it was hard work at the start possibly due to their Claims Engineers failings to do his job in the end they did pay out and i am talking in access of £20,000.

Ours wasn't as much as that but in fairness they paid up with no quibble.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Toe toe Any policy issued in the EU (including the UK) has to give basic cover throughout the EU. The third part would have been covered, so you were legal, but any accident damage to your vehicle would no have been covered.

You have lost nothing, so I don't see the company giving you anything.

OP
OP
Toe toe

Toe toe

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just come off the phone to them they have checked the phone call I made and confirmed that I had asked for European cover and that I was told I was covered
For Europe So they say it was a glitch on there system and if anything had happened they would of covered me but I think it's easy to say now . I well make sure I check my policies throughly from now on lesson learned

OP
OP
Toe toe

Toe toe

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Although we had a no claims discount insurance with Caravan Guard our renewal with them went up considerable this year after we made a claim for a car park shunt no one witnessed. I am getting a little suspicious of them now after being insured with them for years.
They are a hundred pounds dearer than the camping and caravan insurance

OP
OP
Toe toe

Toe toe

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Been with Comfort for years!No hassle and policy cost about the same each year.Hate these Companies that jack the price up every year then when you ring up to cancel renewal they can all of a sudden reduce it!
That's what happened last year when I had a cheaper quote.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
A lot of people completely misunderstand this. It protects your no claims discount. That is the percentage you get off the premium. Every time you claim they can increase the premium

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back