Rally Chat MAHOOSIVE thanks from Mr & Mrs Trikeman (Photos too). (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
a Thousand thanks for all that came along to our Bristol Balloon Fiesta FUN meet at the Cotham Park RFC - What a weekend with fabulous weather t'boot.

Yes - to answer the big question,,,,,, it was our first ever Funster meet,,,, and jumped right in at the deep end and organised it as well. We are over the moon with the thanks and wishes from all who attended - and you all brought the weather with you too.

I was in the venue Wednesday night, absolutely petrified it would all go wrong - the weather was hideous, windy, raining - all the things that would wreck the coming weekend AND our first Funster meet.:eek::oops:

However - the wind died, the clouds blew away, the rain stopped, the hot sun came out and my heart rate dropped (slightly). :D

We have to say that even through the checking in of over 40 Funsters right through to the end it was you who made the weekend a raving success. We have met some wonderful people who we now class as good friends and look forward to meeting again. Our absent friends who were unable to make it, we had a drink and thought of you.

Anyway (before I start burbling) here are some photos of this Fantastic soiree.(y)

Three rows deep we were - all 41 vans.

The madness and mayhem of the fiesta.

The waiter service at our barbeque,

To the right - Thanks Cliff for the expert help getting that big old girl fired up.

Movan and the organ playing Tootles in full flight with Geraldine playing some real good tunes on the uke. All accompanied by copious amounts of the 'wicked liquid'.

A pleasing shot in the field.

AND, WHERE'S THE MINION DISAPPEARED TOO - here lies the answer (only the Funsters at the RFC know about this one, don't they @Wyaye wires & @Madwife. (Special thanks to Kath for the transport of barbeque nosh).

Again, a million thanks for making our first ever Funster meet such a success.(y)

Regards,

Mr & Mrs Trikeman. ;)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we were really sorry we couldn't make it, now really sad seeing what we missed, really glad it went well for you, look forward to meeting some time in the future (y)

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Don't believe any of the propaganda people it was rubbish...

Quietly, we don't want too many here next year...

Brilliant meet and well done and thank you Kevin and Cotham Park RFC...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Forgot to say too - we were treated to a fantastic display from a lone Spitfire, complete with several victory rolls.
We were originally gutted the Spit didn't turn up on the Saturday due to a mechanical issue and so thought a Sunday attendance would be a no-show - but,,,,, the Sunday showing was brilliant - the Spitfire came in right over our campsite from the Bristol Channel.

We were dropping our awning when, way, way off in the distance I heard that familiar 'rumble' - then from over the trees came this single Spitfire accelerating - as always, a really emotional time just seeing this gorgeous plane, let alone hearing the acceleration out of the victory roll and into a diving swoop,,,,,,,, Stunning.
:notworthy2::notworthy2::notworthy2:

Forgot my camera in the heat of the moment :crying: - anyone get a shot????????

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Thanks for the photos and the lovely post. We had a blast and - look @Janine and Barrie :notworthy2::notworthy2: - people dancing to my ukeing!!!! Admittedly its Joy and Toots, but still, people dancing to my playing! (y)

Go, girl :) :)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
(y)Big thank you to Mr & Mrs Trikeman and all who attended what we thought was a fantastic weekend away. We were glad we visited Clifton and sampled a few of their public houses before getting into the thick of the festival itself and enjoying the ballooning. Funsters kept us entertained as usual with plenty of Banter all weekend and I now believe I could drive a tank safely down my local high street having spent a morning with Tootles, lol. Great chatting with you toots :) Met up with some new and old Funsters which is always good and hope to catch up soon. XX

Rob&Jane

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Are you doing it next year - I'd like to come...

Mmmmmm, if we get enough Funsters to come along no doubt we would - the RFC venue organisers said they had never had such a good, well behaved and 'non-moaning' bunch in all the years they have let their pitches out, "it was a joy to meet the Funsters" they said.:rolleyes:

They offered us the whole venue for any event the Funsters wish to put on too.:eek:

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Forgot to say too - we were treated to a fantastic display from a lone Spitfire, complete with several victory rolls.
We were originally gutted the Spit didn't turn up on the Saturday due to a mechanical issue and so thought a Sunday attendance would be a no-show - but,,,,, the Sunday showing was brilliant - the Spitfire came in right over our campsite from the Bristol Channel.

We were dropping our awning when, way, way off in the distance I heard that familiar 'rumble' - then from over the trees came this single Spitfire accelerating - as always, a really emotional time just seeing this gorgeous plane, let alone hearing the acceleration out of the victory roll and into a diving swoop,,,,,,,, Stunning.
:notworthy2::notworthy2::notworthy2:

Forgot my camera in the heat of the moment :crying: - anyone get a shot????????

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:

Well I tried but most just look like there is a bit of fly poo on the laptop screen. This was about the best I could manage
P8090024.JPG

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I tried @dippingatoe and have a lovely picture of clear blue sky... :)

Thanks to Trikeman and his lovely wife... really lovely weekend...Thanks to everyone who helped with my carbon monoxide screaming alarm, Tootles for dancing the Rabbit Dance with me, Geraldine for her musical talent, the bbq chefs, Taran Las for the wine etc, Kath for a lovely chat, Debs for being Debs, Jackie for keeping me warm on the hill :), I could go on all day.

How come I didn't see the deers.. :(

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Huh :mad: How come you had clear blue skies - at our end it was nasty cloudy grey.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
How come I didn't see the deers.. :(

Joy, whilst we were seeing beautiful deers 'parading majestically across the plains', no doubt you were seeing bright red and green gnomes and hobgoblins running around the fields - due in part to gas 'issues' and Taran Las's wine.... Maybe.o_O

Hope you get the gas issue sorted soon though.

Trikeman.;)

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Great event, really enjoyed, met loads of, new to me Funsters, and a couple of amateur radio operators. Strange being awakened to morse code in the morning.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Huge thanks to Mr & Mrs Trikeman, Terry, the RFC helpers & all you lovely Funsters who made this a great rally! (y):) Don't think we have ever talked so much to so many Funsters at any rally before - we were definitely a very friendly, chatty bunch! We managed to drag ourselves away twice for the Balloon Fiesta which was excellent albeit crazily busy on the Saturday - 2 hours after we had walked back there were still cars queuing out of the car parks so a huge advantage to be staying within walking distance.
Hopefully we can do it all again next year ?!

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Maybe next year?:)
Very sorry we missed such a much acclaimed gathering ! We have attended the event a few times but sadly didn't get to see 'the event' due to weather conditions. Great to hear you all got to see such 'a scene' and a HUGE pat on the back for Trikeman x 2. Hope to join you all next year ? :whistle:o_O

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I've just realised - I never got to meet 'The Legend that is Terry - may his name be praised for ever'! :crying::crying::crying:

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Glad you all had a great time.

@Trikeman (Quote: Thanks Cliff for the expert help getting that big old girl fired up. Quote)
You didn't say which Funster this was.......... :whistle:

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I've just realised - I never got to meet 'The Legend that is Terry - may his name be praised for ever'! :crying::crying::crying:

@cliffandger
That poor guy Terry,,,,,,.:clap2:May his name indeed be praised.
He works full time, and damned hard as a Bridge Engineer (yep, the Severn Bridge is one of his babies), he coaches kids in rugby, he coaches kids and adults in cricket (when he's not on the rugby pitch) - every evening and just about every weekend, his time teaching others is legendary, and all for nowt.

He volunteers as the groundsman at the RFC and cuts the grass in all weathers, was spiking and preparing the field for the balloon fest for weeks before the fiesta - remember the photos from May?

Believe it or not - this guy used a fair proportion of his own annual leave to ensure this event was a success, he was there from last Tuesday 24hrs a day (inc all day Saturday) had a few hrs off and was back there on Sunday. Their efforts are all voluntary and they do it for the benefit of all - Terry moreso as he has recently come out of hospital for a really delicate neck injury repair operation - he's a hero (have to say so is Chris).

However - they can't put up a tent to save their lives, here they are, the 'brains' behind it all.
Chris on the left and Terry on the right. Terry spent his whole time there living in the tent to ensure we had 24hrs cover should something go Pete Tong.
RESPECT :notworthy2::notworthy2::notworthy2::notworthy2::notworthy2:

Just had to take this photo - under duress and fear for my life though.:laughing:

Regards,

Trikeman.:wink:

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.

@Trikeman (Quote: Thanks Cliff for the expert help getting that big old girl fired up. Quote)

Sorry - it was Cliff, of @cliffandger fame. He was a godsend in BIG barbeque tuition - I may well have been still there now if he hadn't lent a hand.(y)
Respect.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Trikeman for President!:D

Thanks Kev for the enormous amount of effort you must have expended in advance to make our rally run so smoothly. Please thank Terry for his sterling efforts too.

What a great rally, great company, great weather, great banter and despite Tootles assaulting me with a blade of grass (he's one hard guy:LOL:) it was brilliant. Did someone mention something about balloons, I must have missed that bit?

Big thanks to all who contributed to make it such a success.(y)
Commiserations to those who couldn't attend.​

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014

@Trikeman
Don't want to take away from all the thanks to people who helped - I meant who 'the big old girl fired up' was but I think the moment may have passed now! ::bigsmile:
Well done for all your hard work, wish we could have gone.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
AND just as a PS, we're we all glad to be in Motorhomes on a brilliant site, with all the facilities (although I didn't venture into the team showers) when we saw the UTTER CHAOS that left the day visitors trapped in their cars for hours, while we had wandered down, Saw the balloons go up, spilt wine onto Joy's Blanket @Popeye, wandered back up, through the standing traffic carrying half empty wine glasses and bottles to carry on partying the night away -or what!

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Thanks Kev for a great w.end.Hopefully next time we will be able to participate a bit more.Nice pictures.

G1YDQ

Free Member
Oct 24, 2014
Polperro
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
since 2005
May I just say thank you all for your warm welcome. We enjoyed the rally very much despite us making some very silly and basic errors on our first time away without hook-up. Hopefully we will see you all again soon
regards
John and Denise

Attachments

• wingwalkers.jpg
    wingwalkers.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Wingwalker.jpg
    Wingwalker.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 11

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun