Gassing..... It must be true... (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
upload_2015-8-6_23-0-5.png
upload_2015-8-6_23-0-5.png
upload_2015-8-6_23-0-6.png
upload_2015-8-6_23-0-9.png

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

Just gleaned from the Daily Grail (sic)

Jenson Button and his wife, model Jessica Michibata, pictured together, were gassed as they slept in the rented villa in the south of France. The criminals are understood to have pumped anaesthetic gas through air conditioning vents before raiding the property as the couple lay unconscious. The burglars took possessions worth more than £300,000 - including Jessica's £250,000 diamond engagement ring (inset right). The couple, who were holidaying with three friends who were also knocked out in the raid, only realised they had been targeted when they awoke in the morning to find the place had been ransacked.

It would appear you're not safe even with an F1 pedigree

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We were just saying yesterday, the gassing stories seem to have stopped!
next, they'll be reporting that Gypsies steal children......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Sorry Dave,just come back from the pub and didn't see your post.
Is it true or are the French Police just finding any excuse so as not to investigate. They are as enthusiastic about these as they are pursuing migrants,farmers striking ferry workers setting fire to tyres blocking roads and railway lines

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
thats 3 threads about it currently running

so it must be true:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
So motorhomers cant? be gassed when sleeping in their MH's then puts a whole new question
to this previous topic:cool:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No it doesn't put a whole new question to anything.

It's a typical :dm: piece of fantasy. If the French police are saying that it's so that they don't have to bother investigating.

I don't know if any of the cretins who write these "stories" ever bother to do basic verification but if they've ever bothered to contact the Royal College of Anaesthetists for their view they've obviously never let it get in the way of their scaremongering.

Link Removed

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Even the BBC now reference "perpetrators going so far as to gas their proposed victims through the air conditioning units before breaking in."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33814823

I'm still not convinced that was probable, how big would the gas canisters need to be to achieve that outcome? Burglars are going to lug them about in stealth mode at night, then meticulously set up a feed into aircon, especially if it's not a unit per room aircon system? How do you then expertly regulate this to administer just the right amount to render victims unconscious without then killing them?

Just sounds unlikely to me, it's an easy out for victims who slept through a stealthy intrusion resulting in loss of expensive items for insurance claim purposes. Does it also make the paper work easier for police to close it out (I've no clue)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
No it doesn't put a whole new question to anything.

It's a typical :dm: piece of fantasy. If the French police are saying that it's so that they don't have to bother investigating.

I don't know if any of the cretins who write these "stories" ever bother to do basic verification but if they've ever bothered to contact the Royal College of Anaesthetists for their view they've obviously never let it get in the way of their scaremongering.

Link Removed
perhaps you need to Wake up earlier in the morning:D story did not come from DAILY MAIL but SKY NEWS

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
perhaps you need to Wake up earlier in the morning:D story did not come from DAILY MAIL but SKY NEWS

As I said in my last post the other 4 threads that started before yours all linked to the Fail. Almost all "gassing" stories originate with them.
If other news organisations are so lazy they just lift a poorly researched story from someone else and run it without checking it out then shame on them.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
"The thieves are said to slip through balconies or open windows and direct the sedative into bedroom air-conditioning units."

OK, so if you had gassed your victims, why would you need to slip in through an open window? :dm:

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Open windows, surely the gas would not hang around with all the exits! If the thieves can get in easily the gas can get out! How air tight is a Villa in a hot climate?
How much gas would you need to fill a Villa enough to knock two people out?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Open windows, surely the gas would not hang around with all the exits! If the thieves can get in easily the gas can get out! How air tight is a Villa in a hot climate?
How much gas would you need to fill a Villa enough to knock two people out?
The answers simple. It never happened.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back