Come out of the tunnel and turn left? (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
For the first time in 35 years were off to France without kids/grandkids etc, we’ve all-ways had to plan this year is different.

For 2 weeks we will be on our own, no plans, I think I want to head sort of towards Orleans, drive down the Loire, maybe over to the coast and back round a different way, but then again maybe not.

The only thing I WANT to do is be at Saumur aire sometime between Friday –Monday as the nice restaurant opposite was only open weekends last time we were there unless anybody knows different.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The only thing I WANT to do is be at Saumur aire sometime between Friday –Monday as the nice restaurant opposite was only open weekends last time we were there unless anybody knows different.
Certainly wasn't when we were there on a Monday night back in May.

They also started dismantling the old campsite building in the middle of the site very early on Tuesday morning - chainsaws, generators & angle grinders! (n) I expect they've finished that job by now though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , We did similar a couple of years ago, first stop going east of Paris , used aires at Catillon sur sambre, Geraudot, Briare, Sully sur Loire, then Beaugency (now closed) Amboise, Turquant, Challones sur loire , Nort sur Erdre , Brambells @Piriac sur mer, Campeneac , Fougeres , St Denis du Maine & lastly St Nicolas de Bliquetuit or Mailleraye sur Seine. Great trip lovely aires

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I’ve been giving this some thought, it keep me awake last night, When you leave the Eurotunnel exit and come to the first roundabout, you are more or less facing the sea, so to go towards Rouen you have to go LEFT but to got left at the roundabout you have to first go RIGHT (think about it) then left…..so ……………

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I’ve been giving this some thought, it keep me awake last night, When you leave the Eurotunnel exit and come to the first roundabout, you are more or less facing the sea, so to go towards Rouen you have to go LEFT but to got left at the roundabout you have to first go RIGHT (think about it) then left…..so ……………
I shouldn't lose any sleep over it, I was only joking, just follow the signs(y):)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Hi , We did similar a couple of years ago, first stop going east of Paris , used aires at Catillon sur sambre, Geraudot, Briare, Sully sur Loire, then Beaugency (now closed) Amboise, Turquant, Challones sur loire , Nort sur Erdre , Brambells @Piriac sur mer, Campeneac , Fougeres , St Denis du Maine & lastly St Nicolas de Bliquetuit or Mailleraye sur Seine. Great trip lovely aires

We have been to all those aires, Im disappointed to hear that that Beaugency is closed, lovely aire right on the riverbank.
Phil

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
The Chateaux at Saunur is well worth a visit. Did it 2 weeks ago. Would upload pics if I knew how.

steve & ann. -------- teensvan

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Never been in there. Ann hates sea food.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back