Best Breakdown Cover ? (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Good evening all. Need to renew my breakdown cover for my van......does anyone have a recommendation based on their own experience as to who offers the best all round cover especially when one is abroad?

supabrigg

Free Member
Oct 10, 2010
north notts
Funster No
MH
hobby 750
Exp
5 years
hi there, just had to be recovered back home by rac and was very satisfied with the service.as my van is 4500kg it was more of a problem but still not a hassle, the biggest problem was the police believe it or not with there (we want it moved in 30 minutes or we will shift it attitude) so 1hour 45 minutes later it was moved by police and cost me 150 pounds.i am currently waiting for rac to reimburse me so that will tell me how good the service is though I ll be surprised if its a problem. as regards abroad I am away 3 to 4 months and always feel confident I will get whatever help I need.hope this helps cheers mick

Shazzy44

Free Member
Jul 28, 2013
Leigh lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Nationwide flexy plus account open a joint account you both get for £10 a month
Breakdown cover
Travel insurance
Mobile phone insurance
Extended warenty on purchases

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Having used a few breakdown policies I would say that they are only as good as the experience. If you ring up to report a breakdown and you get someone decent on the phone and they ring someone decent then you have a good experience. If not, well, we've all been there.

For the record I'm insured with SAGA - full European and UK cover for £98/year. I've used them twice and was recovered to my choose destination - once including a ferry crossing.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Nationwide flexy plus account open a joint account you both get for £10 a month
Breakdown cover
Travel insurance
Mobile phone insurance
Extended warenty on purchases
I'm sure I read a thread on here recently where that doesn't apply to larger motorhome ...
For the op ..my suggestion is adac BTW

......I've now bothered to go and read the terms on the nationwide site. . (Thanks to the tube strike)
Motorhomes up to 8m or 7.5 ton are covered

Last edited:

marcus153

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630 Mercedes
Exp
I have Green Flag through the CC (mayday recovery) - the only time I called them out so far was a wheel change and it took three hours to arrive due to staff shortages in the area.

I was in a safe position at a service station so not high risk.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back