RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
I did a quick search on here for parking in lincoln city center and it came up with Tentercroft street.
Does anybody know if you can still park here ??
If not can anybody recommend a site within a couple of miles of lincoln city center please.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I have a nasty feeling that they have now started the redevelopment & the bit where motorhomes parked is now a building site. Not certain - I only had a quick glance as I drove past about 10 days ago.

I'm not sure if it will be reinstated once they finish, but it will be a long time - it's a big project. The plans are available on-line if interested. It will probably be good for Lincoln, even if not good for parking motorhomes.

The other place is up the hill at The Lawns, behind (west of) the castle. The spaces with room to hang the back end over the grass are at the north end - in the Union Road entrance & keep left. LN1 3BJ

If you want a campsite, there is the council owned Hartsholme Country Park LN6 0EY www.lincoln.gov.uk or the CamperUK run site at Swinthorpe

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Although we didn't actually stop there, we noticed on our way through that there appears to be quite a lot of available street parking just a short walk (out of town-wards) from the cathedral.

The only "recommended" parking place we tried was impossible with anything bigger than 5m.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Although we didn't actually stop there, we noticed on our way through that there appears to be quite a lot of available street parking just a short walk (out of town-wards) from the cathedral.

The only "recommended" parking place we tried was impossible with anything bigger

Thanks for that i'm 6.1 mts

Upvote 0

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
There's a park n ride scheme at Whisby Garden Centre off A46 Lincoln bypass; aimed at getting people to The Castle to see the Magna Carta.
£6 per car and occupants, so return fare to Lincoln for 2 =£3/head.
Good value, a bit more than 2 miles but transport included.
Castle, Cathedral and Bailgate are well worth a look.
regards
alan b

Upvote 0

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
I think that Lincoln council run a campsite within walking distance of the town centre in Hartsholme country park.
We have looked on line but not stayed yet.
Anyone know what it is like?
LC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I stayed there on my first ever MH trip (in a hired van) just when it opened for the season.
Based on my limited experience of less than a dozen - I would say it was pretty good. I guess it'll be busier now.
I would suggest it's not really walking distance to the city centre but there is an excellent (every 10 mins or so) bus service due to the site being on a country park in the middle of a large housing estate.
Just outside the gates are a few convenience stores & a cheap chip shop.
As for the Lawns parking, I tried to get in there thrice unsuccessfully. Once there were no spaces along the verge, once there was a space but the neighbours had left it tight for a car, no chance for an inexperienced MH driver and finally there was a space but actually no good because of overhanging tree branches :cry:.
I actually found plenty of 2h free road parking along Burton Road convenient for Castle, Cathedral & Museum of Lincolnshire Life (y).
So my advice FWIW is yes to Hartsholme (if you can get in) and forget driving in the city, traffic is mental, parking problematic especially as there's an excellent bus service just around the corner.

Upvote 0
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
What he said. ^^^

Not exactly a scenic walk either. Both ends are nice, but do the journey by bus!

It's quite a small site, so booking essential for a summer weekend.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back