LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
On our old caravan the loo had a header water tank that we could add the bowl cleaner pink stuff, on the MH its an electric flush and there donsnt seem to be anyway to add the cleaner? (or have I missed something again), I suppose I could use a water spay bottle with a mixture in but is there a hidden reservoir somewhere?

Rocles

Free Member
Oct 10, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Ours is on a swing out filler, just above the cassette, top of the access door outside. Has a screw top. (Compass Avantegarde, but think they are all similar)

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Ours is on a swing out filler, just above the cassette, top of the access door outside. Has a screw top. (Compass Avantegarde, but think they are all similar)

I know were you mean, but theres nothing like that on mine, the blue water hose comes up from the underfloor, this connects to a flexi hose going to the loo, theres no holes to show anythings been taken away so I guess its a spray bottle or nothing:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Plenty of the new European vans have systems that flush using water from the main tank.:RollEyes: This means that additives to flush are a no-no, unless you like strange tasting tea::bigsmile:

The compromise is to find an old empty bottle spray, bathroom cleaner or similar, that operates with a trigger and fill it with ready to go flush stuff and keep it near the loo.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Plenty of the new European vans have systems that flush using water from the main tank.:RollEyes: This means that additives to flush are a no-no, unless you like strange tasting tea::bigsmile:

The compromise is to find an old empty bottle spray, bathroom cleaner or similar, that operates with a trigger and fill it with ready to go flush stuff and keep it near the loo.

mmm thats why I thought my bathroom tap had pink mouth rinse allready added:ROFLMAO:

spray bottle it is then

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Get your bum over here, pronto !!

The toilet on the Scout flushes with fresh water from the main water tank, therefore no additives needed. just spray some dettol stuff on the bowl occasionally !!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
On our old caravan the loo had a header water tank that we could add the bowl cleaner pink stuff, on the MH its an electric flush and there donsnt seem to be anyway to add the cleaner? (or have I missed something again), I suppose I could use a water spay bottle with a mixture in but is there a hidden reservoir somewhere?

funny i was just gonna put same thing you have wrote we can t seem to find any where for the stuff to go either

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Ah, toilets, the favourite topic on motorhome forii.

just spray some dettol stuff on the bowl occasionally
Please check with the toilet manufacturer before putting anything you haven't eaten in the pan!!
Some household cleaners can and do damage the seals leading to an even more unpleasant job. ie changing the seal - at least it stops you biting your nails for a while.

Mmmm, may be sewage to you but it was my bread and butter for years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back