Someone else unplugging your hook up (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter deleted-member02
  • Start date
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Just got back to the van after a mornings kayaking to find that some moron has unplugged my hook up.
No damage done and never happened before but can't help wondering if this silly behaviour occurs often ?

If done by accident surely you'd reconnect it, so can only assume it's malicious.
The pitch alongside did pack up and leave this morning, so wondering if that's connected...

Don't think we've done anything to upset anyone, we're pretty quite folk.

Have been wearing a big smile (having a great holiday) is that really enough to upset someone ?

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Maybe he was a bit thick and disconnected yours by mistake.
Then discovered his mistake and disconnected the right one.
But being thick or ignorant didn't bother to reconnect yours
I was hoping that perhaps a child did it. Unplugged it, couldn't put it back in and left it....

Was your next door neighbough from the
darkside ?:)
Does the dark side still exist ??? Paid up members must be a rare breed by now ??:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Had it happen once latish at night on a site we won't go back to..... think Martin's machine alarm going off (power failure alarm) must have scared the bejinks out of them as we heard them swear and run. :)

Edit: at that site you had to buy cards for electric and swipe a reader on your EHU point. All I can think of is that they wanted to use the electric we had paid for and were hoping we wouldn't notice until too late (ie next morning). That was the site which with a few thousand spent on it would make a travelers' site for travelers who weren't too fussy :)

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I only do it when the fuse or whatever has blown on my hook up point.

I then unhook someone else's so that I can keep heat in my awning during Winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I'd think it was done accidentally.
If I'd disconnected you by mistake, and you were offsite and I was leaving then I think I would have left a note. I'd also have avoided reconnecting you in case that caused a problem to ay kit in your van; but I'm a bit wary of electrics anyway, not thick and not on the dark side,
regards

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Does the dark side still exist ??? Paid up members must be a rare breed by now ??
My subscription ended and I won't renew but the new owners VS are not changing your visible status to the readers as it will look bad with so many defunct members. I am still shown as a member subscriber which is quite annoying.

I would ask the warden about your hook up as they may have an electrician doing RCD testing and left it out when they'd done

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
On a big club site once with no set pitches, just "park up along there somewhere, we're really relaxed about it, wherever you like" so we all had found suitable spots. Then another van arrives, cable not long enough to reach from where they parked to an available EHU so the Warden unplugged our neighbour's van, and re-plugged elsewhere. Of course this meant all sorts of stuff indoors was now without power. They were very unhappy bunnies when they got back late that evening.
NOTE: this was the one and only site we've visited where I've been less than happy with the Wardens.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
On our MH, the handbook tells us to switch off the charger on the Sargent unit before connecting the EHU and then switching it back on afterwards. If someone disconnected our lead and just plugged it back in I wonder whether that could cause any damage?

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Over many years we have had this happen twice. Once in England at a campsite in Dorset where kids we going round pulling out all the hook-ups while mum & dad were in the clubhouse getting pi--ed. Second tine in france no hook-ups left when the French bloke turned up so pull out the UK vans hook-up. That did not go down well with me and was quickly put right much to the discuss of Froggy.

steve & ann. --------- teensvan

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
On our MH, the handbook tells us to switch off the charger on the Sargent unit before connecting the EHU and then switching it back on afterwards. If someone disconnected our lead and just plugged it back in I wonder whether that could cause any damage?
Ours says that too. We never have. Don't know if we really should .....?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I'm going to be charitable and suggest our youngest 2 would probably fight over a job like unplugging and cooling the hook up and if they were granted the privilege would quite likely pull the wrong plug and not be able to plug it back in.. there's a 50/50 chance whether they would tell me or not and equally a 50/50 chance whether I would hear them..

Mind you, I'd probably have got fed up of them fighting over it and done it myself..

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Post end or MH end unplugged ?

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We full timed for almost three years in our last motorhome, and I never understood the Sargeant instructions, so only ever switched off at the control panel above the door! No problems ever! In this motorhome we don't even switch off, just unplug!

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We had this happen last year woke up
no electric out side unplugged lead gone went to box followed lead yes plugged in to another van pulled out packed up and left .

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Come on guys..engage the brain:) you know its malicious when they cut the plug off....

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we had a Dutchman on a site in dorset. while we was out on a sunday . he had unplugged my van so he could watch the motor racing. got really upset when I unplugged his cable and put mine back in. went and complained to site manager. who told him pay up or leave.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back