Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have seen a number of posts suggesting a backdoor to turn on AVI support but they did not work on my set so I phoned AVTEX, what a waste of time all I got was it will display all formats it will display. No we are unable to comment on any backdoor work arounds so I am stuck having to spend hours changing format of all my AVI files. Anyone coming to the rally who can sort it for me??????
They did ask what flavour of AVI it was I was trying to see, didn't know there was more than one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
neither of the engineers numbers suggested bring up any alternative menus on mine and Avtex refused to help. MP4 play ok but AVI do not even display let alone open.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
I think on newer models it may be an option within the normal menus. I'll have a look when I get home.

From memory I don't think it refers to AVI, I think it refers to enabling DIVX. Anuway I'll check when I get home.

Cheers
Al.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
actually my model is the 217DRS with DVD. Mpeg and MP4 extensions are recognised but not AVI
are there different flavours of AVI?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Go to the file on your HDD and just change the end from .avi to .mp4..
Worked for me :) I used a free program and did 500gb's worth all in 1 click..

Another issue is sometimes the HDD need's to be format in FAT32...

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
cheers for that Tonka it looks to be a really simple answer that I can try shortly. The TV will not recognise an ASFAT memory stick but no problem with an NTFS, either memory stick or Hard drive. so that is good news.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Mine is just listed USB when I set it to on it played all my files

Forgot to say it was set to off when I first got the T.V. and alot of my files did not show up in the menu until I turned it on.

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
I think on newer models it may be an option within the normal menus. I'll have a look when I get home.

From memory I don't think it refers to AVI, I think it refers to enabling DIVX. Anuway I'll check when I get home.

Cheers
Al.
I've checked but can't find it within the normal menus.

For secret menus. Press Source then press 2580 takes you into one lot of settings.
or
Put into DVD mode. Press DVD setup then press 9210 (Might take a couple of goes). This gives you the option to change the region settings. It also tells you if DIVX is turned on.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Al.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back