Staying in UK, oh where to go? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Well we are staying in the UK for the foreseeable future. Waiting for hospital appointments.
Going to York for 9 nights next week, booked 4 nights in Bristol beginning of Sept, with a view to tour around Wales either before of after Bristol.
Looking for places to go in bigger towns or cities after, already on list, Brighton, Great Yarmouth, and Cheltenham.
Something to keep the dogs and humans happy :)
Maybe up to Scotland, though not keen on encountering midges!
Think Oct, Nov might start to struggle with sites open and weather.
It's so much harder to plan the UK than over the water :(

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I tend to just browse online or in map books till I find something that looks interesting then add it to my list of places I want to go. Because of work we tend to do lots of short trips and stick close to home but there are still lots of interesting places.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
CCC book tells you of opening dates, Britstops are open all year and some are in town/city locations. Midges are asleep by Sept/October and scenery is fantastic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
We are looking through CC book, don't usually use them other than visiting York, but found a few city sites, the racecourse ones are looking promising.
Might plan Scotland for Oct, hopefully avoid the biters.
The 3 dogs restrict a lot of places, seem to be a 2 dog max, could have stayed in Portsmouth for Sept but site only allows 2 dogs :(
So it could be a CC tour and might have to rejoin C&CC, got Britstops. :)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
With the 'High Season' upon us we have avoided CC & C&CC sites and have opted for Rallies with the CC & THS (Temporary Holiday Sites) with C&CC and have found both a breath of fresh air with their informality. Also a lot easier on the pocket.
Remember that you can go on Rallies with ANY of the CC Centres. Below is a link to the CC web page that deals with Centres....
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/membership/what-is-a-centre/centres
The red text towards the bottom of the page are live links to the Centres websites and there you will find their Rally programmes.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted User
OP
OP

Deleted User
With the 'High Season' upon us we have avoided CC & C&CC sites and have opted for Rallies with the CC & THS (Temporary Holiday Sites) with C&CC and have found both a breath of fresh air with their informality. Also a lot easier on the pocket.
Remember that you can go on Rallies with ANY of the CC Centres. Below is a link to the CC web page that deals with Centres....
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/membership/what-is-a-centre/centres
The red text towards the bottom of the page are live links to the Centres websites and there you will find their Rally programmes.
Thanks will take a look

Lin :)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Sorry to hear your not able to enjoy the sun for a while, hope that changes for you soon. We love to travel the UK and tend to use CL's wherever possible except in bonny Scotland where we mostly wild camp because why would you want to be on a site when you can choose from so many wonderful locations. The dreaded midge issue tends to improve during August and is mostly confined to the West Coast. We're in Cornwall from end August and then meandering back along the southern route of Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Kent and home...might see you about!
Have fun, lets hope for some better UK weather :rolleyes: Dave and Ginny :).

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Oval to us are some lovely sites. We like the Cirencester (cc) one that's a nice walk into the town via the park, Bladden chains(cc) near Blenheim. Salisbury (c&cc), devizes(c&cc), Morton on the marsh (cc), cheddar gorge(cc) and Malvern hills (cc or c&cc). We use all these for weekends

OP
OP

Deleted User
Sorry to hear your not able to enjoy the sun for a while, hope that changes for you soon. We love to travel the UK and tend to use CL's wherever possible except in bonny Scotland where we mostly wild camp because why would you want to be on a site when you can choose from so many wonderful locations. The dreaded midge issue tends to improve during August and is mostly confined to the West Coast. We're in Cornwall from end August and then meandering back along the southern route of Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Kent and home...might see you about!
Have fun, lets hope for some better UK weather :rolleyes: Dave and Ginny :).
Thanks, had hoped to be over the water by end Sept. More important to get Nige sorted though, hopefully head off in Jan to sunny climates.
I'm sure will find some places in UK, glad I booked York last Dec for 9 nights now, as August will be the problem month. Enjoy your travels :)

Lin, Nige, & the wolf pack :D

OP
OP

Deleted User
Will
Oval to us are some lovely sites. We like the Cirencester (cc) one that's a nice walk into the town via the park, Bladden chains(cc) near Blenheim. Salisbury (c&cc), devizes(c&cc), Morton on the marsh (cc), cheddar gorge(cc) and Malvern hills (cc or c&cc). We use all these for weekends
Will check these out, used to live in Devizes. I like Salisbury, think will end up joining c&cc again :)

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Watched a programme on tv last night called Homes by the Sea, and it showed some holiday homes at Dungeness, I know the power station does, nt look all that pretty but the beach (which was refered to as the desert) looked a great place to wild camp, I think your dogs would love it, may be worth a visit while your going Brighton.

Eric

OP
OP

Deleted User
Watched a programme on tv last night called Homes by the Sea, and it showed some holiday homes at Dungeness, I know the power station does, nt look all that pretty but the beach (which was refered to as the desert) looked a great place to wild camp, I think your dogs would love it, may be worth a visit while your going Brighton.

Eric
We watched it too, some brilliant places, the dogs would love that beach. :)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well so far we have,booked York, Cambridge, few nights in Maidstone (free at Niges brothers) Cheddar then Bristol.
And boy is it expensive in the UK :'(
And just added Brighton.
Will check out the beach at Dungeness on way home Eric :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back