For two that iso_O

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hang on.........................we've played that game before..........................keep taking one chair away, and when the music stops the one who doesn't have a chair has to take off..........................whoops, nearly too much info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I must admit that we've looked at other chairs over the years, and liked some of the ones at the Norfolk show however the ones we have are still comfortable, very usable and with little sign of wear even after 14 years! We bought them at the York MH show in September 2001 I believe!

Rapido and chairs.jpg

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I must admit that we've looked at other chairs over the years, and liked some of the ones at the Norfolk show however the ones we have are still comfortable, very usable and with little sign of wear even after 14 years! We bought them at the York MH show in September 2001 I believe!

View attachment 70872
Pleased to see you've got your priorities sorted then!
Dugs on the chairs you on the stool.
Classic master and servant principles.:giggle:

No wonder they're still nearly brand new.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Ah ..... Now .....
I'm looking for a chair that folds up in that criss-cross style so it'll fit in a tube-bag, but high enough in the back for me to go to sleep without my head falling off. :unsure:
Any recommendations please anybody? :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Ah ..... Now .....
I'm looking for a chair that folds up in that criss-cross style so it'll fit in a tube-bag, but high enough in the back for me to go to sleep without my head falling off. :unsure:

I am sure Bungy will be along in a minute to advise.

What he doesn't know about fold up chairs isn't worth knowing.:D

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ah ..... Now .....
Screw your head off before going to sleep?:unsure::whistle:

Or a memory foam neck pillow?

Reactions: CWH

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Ah ..... Now .....
Aldi presently selling the foldup chairs you describe £16.99 (Have just 4 for 2 people, I must be travellin down the same route as Bungy !) :eek:
Meant to say 'just bought 4 for only 2 people to use ! bloody keyboard

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
I am sure Bungy will be along in a minute to advise.

What he doesn't know about fold up chairs isn't worth knowing.:D

Well...should have said but 5 of the ones in the first piccie are now off to the skip, cheap ones for festivals and the like and not exactly sturdy!

So.....weve been to go outdoors and bought two of Broken Link Removed, really comfy and sturdy (can cope with 130kg...which is more than enough for my racing snake like 104kg)

So well now only have 4 for van use, two new ones and the two black ones at the far end of the piccie which are great for lounging as they are more like deck chairs and useless for sitting at a table.

the 3 nearest, the director chair ones, are going to be used at home to replace patio furniture that is naff!

Did I mention that we have 5 tables as well, of various sizes...bit of theme here me thinks

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Aldi presently selling the foldup chairs you describe £16.99 (Have just 4 for 2 people, I must be travellin down the same route as Bungy !) :eek:
Meant to say 'just bought 4 for only 2 people to use ! bloody keyboard
Thank you, I'll check those out. :)

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Thank you, I'll check those out. :)
that is how we ended up with so many, saw them cheap, thought it was a bargin and now they are going to the skip so check the max load on them - the higher the better just for the robustness alone

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Well...should have said but 5 of the ones in the first piccie are now off to the skip, cheap ones for festivals and the like and not exactly sturdy!

So.....weve been to go outdoors and bought two of Broken Link Removed, really comfy and sturdy (can cope with 130kg...which is more than enough for my racing snake like 104kg)

So well now only have 4 for van use, two new ones and the two black ones at the far end of the piccie which are great for lounging as they are more like deck chairs and useless for sitting at a table.

the 3 nearest, the director chair ones, are going to be used at home to replace patio furniture that is naff!

Did I mention that we have 5 tables as well, of various sizes...bit of theme here me thinks

Glad you've tested them for us, we are buying a couple soon.(y)

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Ah ..... Now .....
I am in the same boat, any suggestions welcome, price nearly not an issue comfort No.1 consideration pack ability No.2

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@CWH - Any recommendations please anybody?

Sabena bought one of these at Newbury show.

Very comfy. Also available at towsure.
image.jpg

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Just make sure you have a spare one when I come round for a beer. (y)
Of course...theres generally a big green one, quite low down mind, even the van sits in it:LOL:

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
We have spent a long time trying to get the right chairs,not to heavy,not to big(only have a small garage)not to expensive.We saw some that seemed just right (Les had one)and looked on tinternet,£20 from a dealer that only does shows.So he was going to the Norfolk show,"Perfect"We live near Norwich,so we paid our monet and found the stall "I only stock those every other year" he said.We bought some others but I know they won't be right.The saga goes on................Martin::bigsmile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
"man sized" comfy chairs
Broken Link Removed

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
The ones they had in Aldi,s have high backs,I also use a foot stool,slightly cheaper in the factory shop if you have one near you £15.00
Very comfortable ,light,no wind whistling around your ears,also bag for easy carrying and storage( important ) in your old age,when you stagger back from the drinking:beerchug::drink::wine:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We are becoming very envious of the full recliners...favoured by Germans here in italy.problem being our lefuma have lasted 10 years plus and as good as new so can't justify the change:(

consolation is the full recliners probably bulkier and heavier to boot

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Pleased to see you've got your priorities sorted then!
Dugs on the chairs you on the stool.
Classic master and servant principles.:giggle:

No wonder they're still nearly brand new.
Nah, the stool wasn't for us but for our pet rat in the crate! :D

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
The ones they had in Aldi,s have high backs,I also use a foot stool,slightly cheaper in the factory shop if you have one near you £15.00
Very comfortable ,light,no wind whistling around your ears,also bag for easy carrying and storage( important ) in your old age,when you stagger back from the drinking:beerchug::drink::wine:
ALSO the new ones have a small, cool bag container (attached), pockets to put various 'bit's, ipad, mags, etc and even a 'thingy' that holds the wine glass. Once you've settled, stocked up the chair, no need to move for hours !! :cheers: :clap2::yawn2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back