Wildlife Watching (1 Viewer)

birdvan

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Funster No
Hi all have just put deposit on a motorhome and now joined motorhomefun. Found 1 great site for wildlife watching already, Gigrin Farm which is also a Red Kite feeding station. So can you suggest any other sites with good wildlife watching onsite or nearby. Many thanks in advance. Birdvan

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Birdvan, most camp sites in the UK are rural and even in some city ones you will be surprised at the dawn chorus that penetrates the thin walls and skylights of your motorhome. :Smile: Welcome to the fun

We have our "own" Red Kites in our field:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
There is another red kite feeding station near our camp site but not as big as the other one.
We also have our "own" Kites, buzzards and other birds of prey. One camper told me last week that a big dark bird of prey not a kite or buzzard came down and she saw it take a fish, no idea what that was.
Hope no more otters or mink come back as they eat our fish ! :cry:

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
There is another red kite feeding station near our camp site but not as big as the other one.
We also have our "own" Kites, buzzards and other birds of prey. One camper told me last week that a big dark bird of prey not a kite or buzzard came down and she saw it take a fish, no idea what that was.
Hope no more otters or mink come back as they eat our fish ! :cry:

Hi dylan,

:Smile: I had a look at your website - your campsite looks great too. I'll certanly book there when I'm in the area. Good luck with the business. ::bigsmile:

Happy travelling

OP
OP
B

birdvan

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Funster No
Thanks all

Hi all thanks for replies and welcomes to motorhomefun.
Dylan notice we have similar interests, you and others might be interested in my website Link Removed now approaching 3500 photos onsite.
That covers my photography and computer interest. Regards motorcycles I did four seasons of road racing and 2 Manx GPs. Would love to see your otters! so might visit some day perhaps even soon.

Cheers all Birdvan

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
There is a pull out supplement in the May issue of Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly about short breaks on the wild side of the UK. Some tips in there for wildlife watching :)

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hi all thanks for replies and welcomes to motorhomefun.
Dylan notice we have similar interests, you and others might be interested in my website Link Removed now approaching 3500 photos onsite.
That covers my photography and computer interest. Regards motorcycles I did four seasons of road racing and 2 Manx GPs. Would love to see your otters! so might visit some day perhaps even soon.

Cheers all Birdvan

Hi, no Otters here now thank goodness as they eat our fish. Been to your site and a great site with great photography, I will spend some more time there as loads to read and see.
Other half was a racer in the 70's but both love the GP's.
You and your camera will be welcome here :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back