Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Before I start to throw money at the faulty alarm maybe someone may have a clue as to the problem.
while away in France on rainy day, stopped and got out of the motorhome Fiat ducato based rapido 2007, and noticed that the hazard warning lights had begun to flash. I had not set the alarm(hate the ****** things and almost never use it as when you set it gives high pitched screech indicaters go and then hit button again (more screeching) and its set. Alarm still works ok but the problem is ...........
when you turn off ignition hazard begin to flash and you HAVE to set alarm as nothing will turn them off.
I have now found two ways of avoiding problem 1/ before turning off ignition turn on hazard lights then ignition off light go off no problem 2/ turn off ignition turn back on and off quickly and again no problem. Any clues?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry can`t help with your problem but it sounds like the most annoying alarm ever !
I`d have disabled it long ago.
Good luck getting it sorted, I`m sure the techies will be along soon

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Sorry can`t help with your problem but it sounds like the most annoying alarm ever !
I`d have disabled it long ago.
Good luck getting it sorted, I`m sure the techies will be along soon

I think that's how it will probably end up, but I'll have to find someone to rip it out for me!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Maybe just the bonnet switch needs adjusting it turns so you can set it a bit higher! Or check that the passenger door is fully closed. Mine was beeping and flashing every time I locked up after playing with the "above" it fix it :)

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Do you know what make of alarm it is? The standard Ducato has an immobiliser and central locking but the alarm is as far as I know always an aftermarket fitment.
The most likely cause is water ingress or damp into the alarm casing causing the relay for the hazard lights to stick. Switching the hazards on manually will reduce the load across the relay contacts and possibly is why it then behaves. Difficult to be sure as there are several systems that use the original vehicle wiring differently.
It does sound like you will either have to remove or replace. It is important to check your insurance before deciding as mine has it as a condition that the alarm is fitted and used so must be in working order or no cover.
I would also be wary of the immobiliser relay playing up if water or damp is the cause as you could end up stranded.
Hope this is useful but you will probably end up visiting the auto electrician either way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back