7'' Truck 'Chinese' Satnavs (1 Viewer)

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Which model/ Spec should I be looking for with these type of SatNavs ?
I know they seem to be very popular with Funsters we have one ourselves bought a few years ago and has always been great but now looking for one for a friend (funster) but there seems to be hundreds to choose from on Fleabay with a multitude of specs and wide price range

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hi Dave. Mine has on recent trip started to freeze up after a few miles into the journey so I've been watching a few but saved this as a contender. I can simply swap the memory card over as my maps are on the card

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
manda3000gt
May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Was looking at this one would you say the one your looking at is same/ better, yours is a better price
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
I am considering going down the cheap chinese route, my tomtom is f--ing useless and a rip off the cost to update it per year is beyond the total cost of a cheapo

OP
OP
manda3000gt
May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
UK Pete they may be cheap to buy but they seem to lack nothing in specs and functions, Ours has been great
I found the lane assist very good while driving on the motorways in France

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
UK Pete they may be cheap to buy but they seem to lack nothing in specs and functions, Ours has been great
I found the lane assist very good while driving on the motorways in France
It's awesome! Mine has lasted must be over 20 months and I don't suppose many fail but for this money I'm happy to buy another.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I got one after reading a few forum posts about them...
used it on a couple longish trips ,along side the garmin and have to say I seem to prefer it...seems fairly easy to get around and use.
Broken Link Removed
ta andy

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Got one of those, think its Navibuzz? Pleased with it, route planning better than my TOM TOM and Garmin (which are both getting old now) just about to try to update maps, think I had better back up the map card first?
Anyone know the format of the AV in socket, it's clearly 3.5mm but how many poles? and which is which, can't find any info in instructions, they only show connestion for wireless camera set up, wanting to fit my wired reverse camera to GPS and use existing reverse monitor for reverse view for driving

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
I bought one a few months back.....used it no more than 10 times and started freezing up on me....Tried resetting it but no joy...ended up tossing it in the bin and buying a new garmin with full European maps.......Never again...

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
I bought one and have had endless trouble. Would not take a charge, eventually using another lead I managed to get it going, then trying to set it up was a challenge. Kept telling me it needed updating. The maps were dated 2008 and it was a nightmare trying to update as the info provided was not accessible.
Customer services were helpful but I finally decided to return for a full refund. I liked the screen size but had no confidence in the machine

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
many of the members here have bought from navibuzz and had good service apparently. for the cost of them, they are cheaper to replace than pay for updates from TomTom or Garmin

Broken Link Removed

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
oops I just bought one too if it gets me lost on way to Garda all above are responsible (y)

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Had mine 3 years it's been brilliant everywhere, still got the Tom tom as back up but don't trust it for low bridges and long very narrow routes it took us in the month I used it. I plan to get same chinese sat nav as back up and for the screen mount I broke the day we left for France super glued it to top of map tray on dash n been fine so far.

Not tried updating it yet in case I mess it up but apart from new roundabouts which it shows strait on anyway, its lead us everywhere with no probs.

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Bought the navibuzz unit as recommended from other Funsters. This unit has been good so far compared to the previous cheap Chinese unit that I had to send back and get a refund on as it kept trying to take the wrong routes.

Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
Have had two of these sat nav from China the only reason I brought the second one was because a mate brought one and the screen was much clearer in sunshine so the question is ,is the screen on the Navibuzz ones as good in sunshine as the garmins and tom tom as in every other way the Chinese ones are as good

ch easier

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Ours is great apart from keep telling us we are over the speed limit when we are not:rofl: they obviously drive slowly in China:giggler:
Travelled all through Normandy without a problem in June

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have just had a Nokia lumia 640 lte phone £110 from car phone warehouse, it has "here maps and drive"installed free and downloadable maps so can be used off line, used it yesterday on a local run and it took me the exact way I would have gone plus it even knew there was two roundabouts where there was only one till around May this year , how's that for being up to date.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
I purchased a license for CoPilot for my HUDL prior to going away. Just returned from 8 weeks in France and Spain. Cannot really fault it. It managed to freeze twice so just stripped the app off, re installed it and downloaded maps and it is still going strong (in fact on return last week updated maps for whole of europe again). Cost for license was £27. so much less than a new satnav and still have the HUDL for email, skype etc. It knew the speed limit within about 50 yards and routed very well,, even has facility for Motorhome so never down small roads.
Really impressed.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
The screen on mine is very hard to see during daylight. The reflection is very bad. If I lower the side window screens and the roof lights to darken the habitation area then it improves it a little. Would I buy another one? NO.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have just had a Nokia lumia 640 lte phone £110 from car phone warehouse, it has "here maps and drive"installed free and downloadable maps so can be used off line, used it yesterday on a local run and it took me the exact way I would have gone plus it even knew there was two roundabouts where there was only one till around May this year , how's that for being up to date.

The drive app is excellent and has free updates so the maps are very up to date. I have used it in a small car and it's fine, but does seem to have a liking for the back roads so not sure it would be suitable for a motorhome.
I have had a chinese cheapy for two years and it's been fine. The only problems I have had are some odd routing in the south of France and the annoying message that comes up when you are on a road that is illegal for your vehicle eg a site road, aire access road.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
I have one and am please with it, took to Salou with no problems, entered the route with no tolls and then entered a waypoint to ensure it took me the way I wanted to go (via Limoges) got me there and back no problems/
Ditto for here in the UK, managed to take to last two MHF rallies.
Btw I purchased a 240 charger of fleabay and pre charge prior to leaving.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
The screen on mine is very hard to see during daylight. The reflection is very bad. If I lower the side window screens and the roof lights to darken the habitation area then it improves it a little. Would I buy another one? NO.

Likewise, I find the screen almost unreadable in daylight. A shame as in all other ways, it is better than my NavMan. Does anyone know how to increase the brightness?

John

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
I bought a sun shade for my one !! bought of fleabay last year, think it cost me £8 !! works great, stops the glare of the windscreen.
Sorry I no longer have the details where I bought any longer.
20150728_095534.jpg

Attachments

• 20150728_095540.jpg
    20150728_095540.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 5
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I have a shield on mine and it improves the visibility enormously.(y)

As for navigation my Tomtom is now a very poor second even with up-to-date maps. I did have a problem with it freezing, but an expert in all things Chinese sorted it for me. The only downside is that it didn't know that Myferrylink staff were on strike, didn't automatically reroute me around Calais to Dunkirk and book an alternative ferry for me. Irritating, but I can live with that flaw;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back