Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
hi everyone
Can anyone recommend a good electric griddle/hotplate to use outside?
Are there any 12v ones or are they all 240v?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Unless you get one of these from OZ but at 45 amps I don't
think your battery would last very long!

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
we have a single hotplate and a tappanaki grille type thing, both were picked up cheap in B and M or home bargains [cant remember which] which we use when on campsites with 240v rather than use our gas up. most times we set up outside via a extension lead and both [only one on at a time though esp when on 6amp ehu ! work fine]. regards garry

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Better late than never, unit having a deep clean and found this. "Quest Leisure Products" Healthy Griddle 7505. 220-240 volt. 50HZ ? 750W."

Bought from Amazon i think,a while back cooks very well,often use it on the balcony at home,when i want to laze in the sun cooking..... BACON and EGGS. (When someone brings the real stuff back from England).
Coming back wed 30th.next week for 6 weeks,you will know if it's me,i don't WAVE! LOL.
Tea Bag.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We have a Tefal Raclette like this ........
Broken Link Removed
that we picked up for a couple of Pounds at a car boot a while back and although it would be fine for bacon and thin slithers of meat I don't think that it would cook steaks etc. I think it may do kebabs but not if you are in a rush!

If you can understand Spanish, instructions are here...

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
This link is the nearest I can find to my hotplate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Andrew-Ja...dle-BBQ-Skillet-Hot-Plate-2000W-/371384522132 (hope link works). I find the hotplate good for breakfasts but if, like me you want to do stirfrys and lots of mushrooms etc, this plate is a little shallow (and stuff keeps falling off). Also the edges are lower then the main plate and the oil tends to run around the edge rather than stay on the flat plate.

When I replace I have decided to buy a deeper flat griddle plate and use my two ring gas burner to heat the plate

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have a Palson hotplate / griddle that does a good job on standard burgers etc, no burning, fat trap on front and non stick (y)

we also bought a George Forman Barbecue grill, never used it, not really sure why, but mainly because the Palson is easier, but it is bigger, needs a table to stand on, the Fprman is on a stand

I would add I am currently considering a Cadac or similar gas powered device so I can use it anywhere :)

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Consider a gas hob and a griddle pan

I have a cast iron gas hob, £15 eBay and a 'rib'd ' non stick pan from ikea, plugs in the BBQ point

I also put a paella pan and a wok on it, multi skilled me!
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Lidl have a teppanyaki grill at the moment £19.99. Got one the other day and used it yesterday. Good reviews and I found it great

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We have a "Judge Electric Skillet" (model#JEA23) It's got a lid with it, we've used it for the general fry up meals, we have also used it for cooking a small roast, (enough for 2)

Cost (from Mallets H/ware) almost £35. It's ideal for a M/H, light weight, We use it outside, nothing worse than going to bed of a night time and having the smell of Steak, Onions and etc etc lingering from cooking a fry up inside:doh:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
we will try one of those thanks, @Puddleduck .

I don't have one (but it is tempting) so would be pleased to know how you get on. Aldi had them in a couple of months back as well. I'm not sure if we have space to store one, if it would get used and if it would be worth buying....... maybe when they get them in again in a year or so :)

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
I bought one from lidl last week. Tried it at the weekend, just bacon sausage mushrooms egg tomato breakfast items. Plenty of room on top and cooked evenly and very quick with no mess. A quick rub over with a spatula when it was hot and the plate was clean just needed a quick wipe over when cold.

I can see this being used a lot . Probably in the awning rather than the motorhome. I'm glad I got it and it comes with a 3 year warranty

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back