buying a motor home in belgium (1 Viewer)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I've been over here in belgium since Thursday with the aim of ordering a rapido 9000dfh from a dealer .
we found 3 dealers who sold rapido ,we had priced the Mh in the UK and aproached the Belgian dealers with the same spec
dealer number 1 was pretty straight forward and gave us a price that amounted to a 15% discount on rapido list price.
dealer number 2 was 10,000 euros more expensive but agreed to match dealer no 1 price
dealer number 3 was the least accommodating on his initial price but offered to match dealer no 1 pricing

We decided to go with dealer no1 as we felt that his initial quote has saved us a lot of money he has also dealt with brits in the past and was knowledgeable regarding exporting and insurance issues and is only 30 mins from dunkirk

Total saving on UK price is in the region of 22,000 gb pounds
if you want the dealers name pm me

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've been over here in belgium since Thursday with the aim of ordering a rapido 9000dfh from a dealer .
we found 3 dealers who sold rapido ,we had priced the Mh in the UK and aproached the Belgian dealers with the same spec
dealer number 1 was pretty straight forward and gave us a price that amounted to a 15% discount on rapido list price.
dealer number 2 was 10,000 euros more expensive but agreed to match dealer no 1 price
dealer number 3 was the least accommodating on his initial price but offered to match dealer no 1 pricing

We decided to go with dealer no1 as we felt that his initial quote has saved us a lot of money he has also dealt with brits in the past and was knowledgeable regarding exporting and insurance issues and is only 30 mins from dunkirk

Wow, what a deal :Eeek:. Congrats on your new van and well done on saving a wad of cash (y)

Cheers Antony

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
15% is £22000 however much is it :Eeek:, and how much was the British dealer going to knock off
Our van was way less than your discount

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The british dealer would not budge on his price ,he gave us some discount but how much we will never know , he would not reveal any costings ,the Belgian dealers were quite open on their pricing and discount

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Just hope you dont need any service from the Dealer if its Decuyper
Female service manager is a bitch

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013

I am pleased that you chose dealer one as his was the best and honest quote. The other two were trying to stitch you up and only conceded price to match dealer one.

Are you prepared to disclose the dealers name and did they speak good English? When I went to Belgium I expected to speak French but got flummoxed by the Flemish! Please pm if you don't want to go public.

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The dealer is decuper ,the salesman spoke good English , I checked that the warranty is pan European ,if there are any warranty issues I'll use a UK dealer

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
When are you taking deliver
Are you having a omnistore fitted?
I am on the Sourh of France at the moment.
But would like to send you a PM when I get beter Wifi.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I presume your price included VAT payable in Belgium and therefore not payable in UK, also what import duties are involved.
If sensitive info would you please pm me.

Many thanks as we also have been duscussing buying in Belgium.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Larry, you may have to pay Belgium VAT but if like my German, they will tax at 0 on the basis that you send them proof of UK VAT and maybe a copy of the V5, if you look honest I think. If not send them the same and they will return Belgium VAT pronto after. I have just done this from Germany, fortunately I had a lot of help from Funsters and others so all went very smoothly, 10 days from landing I was registered. It is daunting, with all the forms, but now I have done it I can say that it is easy. Just work on the basis of Janet and John, give everyone all the possible information and explanations and its easy.

Save mega bucks, and deal with nice people!!
And as Abacist said, choose number one, he is honest, not going to shaft you down the road.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back