Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It's currently raining in Norwich and we was just discussing how many people having pre paid for a show look at the weather then not attend and write off the money, and stay at home.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just take water wings and you will be fine.

But yes, I guess a lot cry off due to weather. I was talking to the owner of a clothes shop this morning, sitting in their shop watching the rain outside. It was very quiet and they said in this weather trade would be very slow as most people don't go shopping for clothes in the rain. So I guess folk don't go to shows or rallies either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
This is what happens when you go to Norfolk, it always rains, you should have booked sunny Suffolk, where the sun always shines.
Im telling porkies of course, I should be playing golf this afternoon but its raining cats and dogs. So here i am writing some MHF blogs, Ho Hum.
Phil

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This is what happens when you go to Norfolk, it always rains, you should have booked sunny Suffolk, where the sun always shines.
Im telling porkies of course, I should be playing golf this afternoon but its raining cats and dogs. So here i am writing some MHF blogs, Ho Hum.
Phil

Oye !!!!

http://www.literarynorfolk.co.uk/norfolk_facts.htm

have a look at number 14 then !!!!

As to the OP, the grounds are quite well drained and even after heavy rains are good and firm usually..
We would be there but as I am orrrfff to parts located a tad further south on Monday morning ( Garda ) Woman decided we would not go..
Bloody shame as it is our local ...

Dunno about others, but we have been to a good many shows in total deluges, snow, storms, massive winds.. What the hey !! I do not melt if I get wet and the van is toasty ..

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We are off to Newark for brother in law's 70th birthday party over the weekend. It will be hosing it down, no doubt......

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We're going tomorrow for a day trip to the show, should be dry pm(y)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
When I was packing for the Norfolk Show this morning, despite protestations from Mrs W, I included waterproof trousers for both of us and got her to take her gardening boots. I fielded the cries of "You are sooo OTT James". (This is a woman who's packed a long dress for the evening) Well, who's right now!!

We may not have looked trendy, or as ruffty-tuffy as the shorts and Croc's brigade, but we are dry as a bone!

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
We were going to pop up today but changed my mind after Carol's forecast this morning and started stripping the woodchip instead.

Still, a couple more days of show to go so might have another chance yet. Hope it's not spoiling the Fun rally fun!

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We used to take notice of the forecast and cancel/postpone a break away in the MoHo. The forcast is so often wrong or localised we now go regardless. Have often expected bad weather and got sunshine.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Oye !!!!

http://www.literarynorfolk.co.uk/norfolk_facts.htm

have a look at number 14 then !!!!

As to the OP, the grounds are quite well drained and even after heavy rains are good and firm usually..
We would be there but as I am orrrfff to parts located a tad further south on Monday morning ( Garda ) Woman decided we would not go..
Bloody shame as it is our local ...

Dunno about others, but we have been to a good many shows in total deluges, snow, storms, massive winds.. What the hey !! I do not melt if I get wet and the van is toasty ..

I have read the same facts about Essex too. ( regarding the weather, not Nelson) all in all us east Anglians get pretty decent weather compared to the west.
Phil

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Actually, in recent years I believe the driest place in England is indeed in Essex.. St Osyth....

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Yes jaws and they have sent water from Norfolk there in droughts. The bit what got people was Norfolk had a hose pipe ban at the time and they did not , yet water from Norfolk was sent there.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes jaws and they have sent water from Norfolk there in droughts. The bit what got people was Norfolk had a hose pipe ban at the time and they did not , yet water from Norfolk was sent there.
Sending water from Norfolk. The water is as hard as the hobs of hell:LOL:

Bloody 'orrible stuff. :censored:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back