Well, I Didn't See That Coming! (1 Viewer)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
After years of marriage my husband and I have parted. It's been a hellish time but we've parted as we've lived - with love and compassion.

I've been staying in our wee cottage but my husband is now moving back in and I have had to think of an alternative lifestyle for myself.

So, I'm going to get in the van and go travelling again - this time solo apart from Dugal the Dug who will be my partner in crime.

I have a boat booked to the UK from the Island for the 22nd August. It was supposed to be our yearly holiday but I'm going to use it to begin my new life. It's less than five weeks away and there's LOTS to be done so this thread is a heads up to you all that I will be asking lots and lots of questions in order to prepare myself for the adventures ahead.

I'm upbeat and positive about all of this. Its the only way to be - I'm looking forward not back - as that's not where I'm going anymore.

So a big hello to you all and hoping you have some words of encouragement for me.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh dear...But your right you do sound upbeat...so just try and stay positive. travel a good think, gets you away from home for a while and take your mind of the situation...

I'm a stress bunny but when I get in the van I leave all that behind, sleep better as well! hopefully it will do the same for you...:)

Last edited:

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
well done to you for being prepared to turn such a negative period in your life into the positive start of a new one ! one things for sure, your dog will always remain faithful, never let you down and wont leave the toilet seat up ! GOOD LUCK regards garry

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck on your new lifestyle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
You have a plan, you are moving forward, good luck hope all goes well. Love your positivity(y)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Life is a funny thing. So live it up, drink it down, laugh it out, avoid the bullsh1t, take chances and never have regrets. The new chapter begins, good luck

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well I was not expecting that when I opened your thread, well done you for getting your head together and making positive plans, any questions as. Has been said just usually someone has an idea, use the forum to it's fullest always something going on. Why not get to one of our rallies and join in, we have quite a lot of single lady's with vans that go to the rally's .

Keep your plans going they seem like good ones. :Smile:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
You go for it girl. All the best in your new start , onward and upward.

Sandra

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Good to see your so positive about your new lifestyle path.
Wishing you the best of luck . Onwards and upwards. Don't look back. Go get em !
Bx

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
After years of marriage my husband and I have parted. It's been a hellish time but we've parted as we've lived - with love and compassion.

I've been staying in our wee cottage but my husband is now moving back in and I have had to think of an alternative lifestyle for myself.

So, I'm going to get in the van and go travelling again - this time solo apart from Dugal the Dug who will be my partner in crime.

I have a boat booked to the UK from the Island for the 22nd August. It was supposed to be our yearly holiday but I'm going to use it to begin my new life. It's less than five weeks away and there's LOTS to be done so this thread is a heads up to you all that I will be asking lots and lots of questions in order to prepare myself for the adventures ahead.

I'm upbeat and positive about all of this. Its the only way to be - I'm looking forward not back - as that's not where I'm going anymore.

So a big hello to you all and hoping you have some words of encouragement for me.

Some words of encouragement ? . . . Sounds very much like you dont need any Jackie !, you have got your head around it at the moment and hopefully you will keep it that way, its very traumatic starting out again and certainly not easy,

Your thoughts will be, for a long time thinking back, thats only natural, but as you have said, be determined to look to the future, there are lots of good times ahead, making new friends, trying out new things, visiting pastures new and places you always meant to visit and never got around to, stretching yourself in terms of adventure on your own and with us funsters there to support and encourage you, as Carol pointed out there a lots of single ladies doing exactly that at almost all MHfun meets, so get yourself amongst them, get out there and enjoy life . . . . you only have one, its to to you to make the most of it !!!!!!,

All the best,

Ken.
:drink::drink::drink: :wine: :wine:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you visit Scotland on your travels and fancy some company for a few days then gives a shout.
Wish you all the best. Can't really add anymore that's bot been said slready.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Jackie, well done you, get on and enjoy your life. Can't add anything to what has already been said.
Quite like getting out and about on my own so if heading Hull ways give me a shout.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
lots of emotional advice but you need to think or the practical as well if your full timing in the van you need to upgrade your insurance not cheap im told

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I'm overwhelmed with your responses. Thank you all so very much. Yes, it's a challenging time but challenging times are what make us grow inside and out. Physically it will be tough but I've had an easy life these last few years and I"m ready for a bit of 'tough'.

Will keep you posted.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
lots of emotional advice but you need to think or the practical as well if your full timing in the van you need to upgrade your insurance not cheap im told

Thanks for that. I'm insured with SAGA with a 10 000 mile/year policy together with European breakdown cover so I think I will be fine. I will be keeping my home address until we know what is happening with the cottage long term so, as far as I am concerned, I'm off on a trip that may last a month or may last forever. I take each day as it comes.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Good luck to you, I hope it works out well for you.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Best of luck Im sure you will have a great time and a one big adventure .

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
We have not met but what an amazingly positive attitude you have.This will see you through all the worry and traumas that may happen to you. We can only like everyone else wish you all the very best as you meet life's new challenges which clearly you are more than capable of beating
Ashley & Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back