Any good places to stay in Lechlade? (1 Viewer)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
There is a restaurant in Lechlade that my wife has wanted to go to for ages now...so gonna book it soon as a surprise. Anyway, this is only about 40 miles away but far to far to get public transport and as I would like to share a bottle of wine or 2 with dinner I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to stay nearby so we can take the MH and stop over the night, or maybe make a relaxing weekend of it:thumb:

Walking distance from Lechlade would be best, so within 2-3miles.

Thanks

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Parking

I have always found the first person to ask is the restuarant manager. It goes along the lines of 'if I book in for 2 meals, can I use your carpark overnight'?
Have only been refused once - Kings house in Glencoe (where we have had great food years ago) - 'If we let you stay then there will be a dozen next week'. That I thought would be good marketing!
Then I saw a member of staff ( in whites ) come out the kitchen with a fag in his hand!!
With a welcome like that we moved on.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I have always found the first person to ask is the restuarant manager. It goes along the lines of 'if I book in for 2 meals, can I use your carpark overnight'?
Have only been refused once - Kings house in Glencoe (where we have had great food years ago) - 'If we let you stay then there will be a dozen next week'. That I thought would be good marketing!
Then I saw a member of staff ( in whites ) come out the kitchen with a fag in his hand!!

Been there eaten the food and suffered afterwards !!! staffed by passers through !! need I say more !! the beer was $hite as well !! don't bother to stop...you would think that being in such a remote place they would welcome the custom, apparently not ...:Eeek:...sorry for going off post !

Last edited:
OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs

SO simple but such a good idea...will use that in future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back