Condensation under Mattressess (1 Viewer)

marge & homer

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
Northern Ireland
Funster No
Exp
2 months
Just taken delivery of our 1st MH. 13 Years tugging is enough. So far so good but just wondering if anyone knows were to purchase the dutch equivalnt to AKWAMAT or the American Version known as HYPERVENT. it is a thin layer mattress put under benches/ mattresses to prevent them from getting damp. My MH has solid Plywood under the rear beds, I have read historic forums re changing them to Slats, but I would rather try the easy version out first and not have to send my new home away to get the slats fitted

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Marge and Homer, someone was discussing the same problem just the other day. have a good read Link Removed - Meanwhile, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We nearly had a mattress ruined by damp..
my solution was to lay slats on top of the plywood base.. so far, so good, no more damp.

read here

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

moblee

Free Member
Apr 26, 2009
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki
Exp
3 years
Hello Marge & homer
You have already answered what I'm going to offer, which is the solid plywood does not allow any Air circulation where as you KNOW slats would.
I'm afraid I don't know where you would purchase Akwamat have you tried googling for it??

Upvote 0

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Akwamat available from here:........

duoelectric.jpg
1dot.gif
enqclear.gif

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]All enquiries are welcome please contact us by :[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Mail: Edwardian Bedding Company
Edwardian House
44 Bank Street
Mexborough
South Yorkshire
S64 9LL

Tel: 01709 589673
Email: Enquiries@Edbed.com
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
May 22, 2008
Funster No
I had a condensation problem under matress in a caravan I had, the bed had a plywood base, so I used a hole cutter to make a series of holes in the ply and this helped cure the problem, I agree that slats under matresses are the best solution.If you place your hand in a plastic bag for a few minutes you will see how much moisture a human body produces.,mutiply this by the mass of your body and you will see why we drink so much.:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Have you looked at IKEA they have a number of types and sizes of slats that with a little or no modification, you may be able to just lay over your existing base just to give some space for air circulation between the mattress and the solid base and hopefully do it yourself

Just taken delivery of our 1st MH. 13 Years tugging is enough. So far so good but just wondering if anyone knows were to purchase the dutch equivalnt to AKWAMAT or the American Version known as HYPERVENT. it is a thin layer mattress put under benches/ mattresses to prevent them from getting damp. My MH has solid Plywood under the rear beds, I have read historic forums re changing them to Slats, but I would rather try the easy version out first and not have to send my new home away to get the slats fitted

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back