Weekender

Free Member
Jul 20, 2015
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail
Exp
Hi we have just purchased an auto trail tracker se , the leisure battery is reading 4.6volts , we have plugged it into the electric hook up and switched on the charger in the wardrobe, and seem not to be able to increase the power in the battery. How do we charge the battery please.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sounds as if the battery's knackered, they can't go that low and survive, you could try jump leads on it from a full battery and it might just kick it into charging but it's a long shot I'm afraid:(

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I agree... "Knackered"....
Go buy a new one, would be wise anyway with a used van...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Weekender

Free Member
Jul 20, 2015
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail
Exp
Thanks I bought the MH private , I will purchase a new battery at the weekend and we guess when we tow or we are on an electric hookup it will the charge the leisure battery up ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Do you have a solar panel fitted. (I guess not, hence the flat battery). I would advise you get a solar panel fitted (the bigger the better) and consider a second leisure battery if your going to spend any length of time of hook-up.
This attachment will help you with the selection of the right leisure battery. (go for Vatra or Banner)

Broken Link Removed

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
As an afterthought, purchase a volt meter (around a tenner) and check the onboard charger is working. When switched on (the battery charger) you should expect around 14.4 volts going into the battery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back