FireFox Settings for Log In Details (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what settings affect Firefox's ability to hold my log in details, its been working fine for months but suddenly it just won't hold my details, I have to log on every time i open the site.

any suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks

Braunston

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what settings affect Firefox's ability to hold my log in details, its been working fine for months but suddenly it just won't hold my details, I have to log on every time i open the site.

any suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks

Braunston

Hi, Have you updated to the latest version?

When I did it I found that some things that had seemingly stopped working all came back on updating it.

Keith

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Keith

I did up grade to the latest edition a few days ago, but that seemed OK it was working fine until yesterday, but when i opened the web site it asked me to log on which i didn't think was a problem as i have had to do it occasionally in the past, but now it wants me to enter my log on details every time.

I have looked at the tools options, and it all appears normal, I have a tick next to "Accept Cookies" and "Accept third party Cookies"

The only thing that is turned off (NOT TICKED) is "Remember Passwords for sites" should this be ticked as while i don't have a problem with the web site passwords being stored, I have never wanted my banking details stored on my computer, if i tick this box will it store all passwords etc that i enter?

Hope that makes sense

Braunston

Hi, Have you updated to the latest version?

When I did it I found that some things that had seemingly stopped working all came back on updating it.

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
That's the one you need to tick (Remember passwords). It should still prompt you on the first input of each password asking if you want Firefox to remember it.

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I have adjusted some of the settings but they don't appear to have made any difference.

I have tried on another 3 web sites and they all seem to be working fine, it appears the only problem is with MHFun i have to log in every time

any other suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Braunston

charliebarnwell

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Isle if Portland
Funster No
is MHF opening as soon as you start firefox? is so log on and goto tools/options/use current pages

it just maybe that you are opening firefox onto the login page

Barny

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I really do appreciate all of your help but?

I have just checked the Cookies that MHFun has sent to Firefox and they all expire at the end of the session, all of the others expire 1 Jan 2010 or at least several months in the future, I have the cookies settings set to "Keep Until" They Expire,

I do keep ticking the little box to remember the details when i log on

any more suggestions as this is really annoying having to keep entering my details

Thanks

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Bump

Does anyone know why the cookies that are being sent are set to "Expire at the end of the session" or how to alter them

thanks

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Hi, Bump

Does anyone know why the cookies that are being sent are set to "Expire at the end of the session" or how to alter them

thanks

Hi Braunston,

Go to options, Privacy, then under private data clear the box then go to settings & choose which you want with the various options, one of which is for cookies to be cleared on exit.
Simple (squeak al a mere cat). :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Keith

Thanks for the suggestion, I have already set that to "Keep Until They Expire"

I have then checked under the button "Show Cookies" and then if i click on any of the other web site cookies that are stored they are all set to expire at various different dates, but the ones that come from MHFun all have been set to expire at the end of the session.

I have have made sure that i have put a tick next to my save log in details when i log in but it still doesn't work, every time i close firefox and restart i have to log into MHFun all of the other web sites hold my log on details

HELP:shout::shout:

Hi Braunston,

Go to options, Privacy, then under private data clear the box then go to settings & choose which you want with the various options, one of which is for cookies to be cleared on exit.
Simple (squeak al a mere cat). :ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Hi, Keith

Thanks for the suggestion, I have already set that to "Keep Until They Expire"

I have then checked under the button "Show Cookies" and then if i click on any of the other web site cookies that are stored they are all set to expire at various different dates, but the ones that come from MHFun all have been set to expire at the end of the session.

I have have made sure that i have put a tick next to my save log in details when i log in but it still doesn't work, every time i close firefox and restart i have to log into MHFun all of the other web sites hold my log on details

HELP:shout::shout:

Did you try the 'accept cookies from sites' then exceptions & actually put in MHF & allow?

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Keith

I have just done that and restarted 3 times and its still working, I owe you a pint, thanks

Braunston
Did you try the 'accept cookies from sites' then exceptions & actually put in MHF & allow?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Hi, Keith

I have just done that and restarted 3 times and its still working, I owe you a pint, thanks

Braunston

Do you mean it auto logs you in now?

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Keith

Yes, MHF is set as my default homepage and now when i open Firefox it logs me into MHF, just as it used to do,

I must say that 3 other motorhome web sites that i use do not need to be entered as "Exceptions" their cookies are accepted without the need to be manually entered, but i don't really care, your suggestion has made it work and I thank you for that.

Braunston

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back