Bessacarr e520 habitation door (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2008
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 625
Exp
7 YEARS
Hi All,

Anyone had problems with the habitation door. Mine is a 2006 E520. Had it checked by a Swift Engineer. Swift have agreed to replace with a new (better) door under warranty, and it's being fitted nex week !! Taken since last September to get this far. Dealer tells me Swift are having to change a LOT of doors. Any comments would be welcome.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi All,

Anyone had problems with the habitation door. Mine is a 2006 E520. Had it checked by a Swift Engineer. Swift have agreed to replace with a new (better) door under warranty, and it's being fitted nex week !! Taken since last September to get this far. Dealer tells me Swift are having to change a LOT of doors. Any comments would be welcome.

Welcome to the truth about the world of the Swift group.

Doug...

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcome to the truth about the world of the Swift group.
Doug...

In all fairness to Swift.

(a) They do not make the habitation door, it is s bought in product as used by other converters.

(b) Swift unlike many other converters do not walk away, ignore or wash their hands of problems, if there is a problem they generally bend over backwards to resolve it.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Have had no problems with my door on 2006 E795. Interested to know what the problem is ?.

David

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Swift were getting to be good but i feel slightly different about them now,been waiting for about three months for them to ring me about my hab door,i may save them the cost of the call by ringing them.
Asked if i would buy another swift three months ago my answer would of been yes,now my answer would be very very doubtful.
Dave

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Swift were getting to be good but i feel slightly different about them now,been waiting for about three months for them to ring me about my hab door,i may save them the cost of the call by ringing them.
Asked if i would buy another swift three months ago my answer would of been yes,now my answer would be very very doubtful.
Dave

Hi Dave,

Just email Andy Space at Swift, I think his email is aspace@swiftleisure.co.uk

Peter

OP
OP
HUGGY
Jul 20, 2008
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 625
Exp
7 YEARS

(a) They do not make the habitation door, it is s bought in product as used by other converters.

(b) Swift unlike many other converters do not walk away, ignore or wash their hands of problems, if there is a problem they generally bend over backwards to resolve it.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I accept the hab door is bought in by Swift from a french manufacturer I think ? . My point is that the van is a Swift product and I'm looking to them to fix the problem under warranty. To be fair to Swift they are dealing with it and have agreed to fit a new door. Why has it taken since last September to sort this out. If I bought a car for £30 k + would I be kept waiting as long as this ? . Is this the way of things with m/home manufacturers. This is my first m/home. Not a good advert for Swift Customer Service is it. If Swift are one of the better ones what must others be like ?? . New door just been fitted, big improvement over old design much more robust. Still the central locking does bot work though.

Regards,

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

Peter

First, sorry for the delay in responding but I have been mobile for the last week or so.

In answer to your defence of swift, I can only say that I expect with any expensive item I that the manufacturer to keep an ongoing stock of spares for the said purchase.

The fact that they buy in components is exactly the same as the motor industry, as you very well know

Having spent 30, 40, 50 thousand pound to find that a few years down the road spares are not available is completely unacceptable to any right thinking person.

I am sure that if the motor industry tried to do such a thing, the media would have a field day with them.

Had I known of this lack of service from Swift, I would never have bought and will never buy any Swift product again.

Doug...

I'm sorry but I do not except in any way your defence of Swift, although I understand why you do so.

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
As many of you are aware we are suffering ongoing delays in the supply of the replacement Euramax exterior doors to replace failed doors. The Swift Group is in daily contact with Euramax in France to try resolve this problem and confirm the expected delivery dates for the replacement doors. Unfortunately the latest information received today indicates these have now slipped further to the 15th May 2009.

Whilst this situation is largely out of our control, we have been and will continue to do all we can to arrange for replacement doors as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

On behalf of the Swift Group we apologise to our customers for the continued delays and inconvenience this problem is causing.

If anyone is awaiting a replacement door if you want to email me at aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk I will get you an update on your door.

Regards,
Andy Spacey
Design & Development Director

M

mikesbessy

Deleted User
Hi All,

Hi

Yes indeedy !! - had a problem with the door on my March 08 E530 since day one- apparently they had a faulty batch where the hinges were set at the wrong angle (?) - or so my dealer tels me- however I'm still waiting for a new door to be supplied- just another of the many 'niggly' little faults:shout:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Just like to say thanks to andy at swift.Mine is now booked in for next week.
Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back