Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
That caravan club wardens occasionally get a bit fed up and take it out on members.
I completely understand their dilemma given the number of complete knob heads who are members
Very clear instructions for new arrivals while the office was closed and a big notice to read the office door before going on site!
I booked a non awning pitch and knowing my length the wardens reserved a pitch for me and coned it off
We arrive and find this complete idiot parked where we should have been and buggered off out
The warden has now checked the bookings and not only did he remove the cone but he booked an awning pitch which is a white peg not a blue one
I'm waiting for them to return to see what an idiot looks like

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm happy where I'm pitched but why did he move the cone ?
It could have been someone just gone out for the day
Being on the wrong pitch type is no joke either as it stuffs other people up
There are three muppets here on the wrong pitches

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
On most of the sites we go to the entry is usually a barrier with card access or code. No entry until booked in, then told where our pitch is. The wardens shouldn't allow anyone on site until booked in IMO :mad:

I hope they move the muppet anyway and give him a good thrashing :LOL:

Thanks Antony

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Tell you what Andy, that knob head would not have taken your pitch had he seen that Breakfast you ate this morning.Have beer mate and chill you had busy wk/end, and thanks.

Eric
I'm proper chilled Eric (y)
I know from experience that the pitch that was coned off for me would not have got a satellite signal.
Had that not been the case I would have had words and have him move.
He's now washing his van another rule infringement :LOL:
His appearance does fit the profile of silly old sod, A big red nose and some extra long shoes and he could play the part of that clown on the Simpsons :ROFLMAO:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
oh boy am I glad that I left that club. I know that is has its good points. but there booking system leaves a lot to be desired.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Yes the booking system is well past its sell by date!

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Nothing wrong with the booking system I don't understand how anyone draws this conclusion that there is.
If you book a pitch with space for awning or a pitch without awning then that IS WHAT YOU HAVE BOOKED you can't just turn up and park on what you like as that just dismisses everyone else as if they don't exist. It's not rocket science and the price is the same for either. If a tugger has booked for a week and arrives to find their previously booked awning pitch is occupied by some knobhead in a motorhome who didn't book an awning pitch then it does not work.
EDIT likewise if you have an 11 metre RV and the warden saved the only pitch big enough on site for you and you arrived to find a 6 metre Elddis parked on it, who is the knobhead?

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Please leave my 6mtr Elddis out of it. what I am complaining about, is they do not take a deposit when people book. so they do not turn up. it leaves empty pitches. and it makes a lot of very angry campers. these so called members book early in the year. so no one else can .and if you ring and complain. all they say they are looking into it. moan over.@Techno100

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I cant understand why they play this blue peg/white peg game, after all, there's no price difference........Except for pitches where awnings wouldn't work, then all the rest should just be awning sexual..........(a bit like Bi-Sexual). It would save a hell of a lot of trouble in the long run.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Out of interest Andy why did you book a non awning pitch, we learnt the hard way that on a CC site near Belper the non awning pitches are all very inferior, typically grass and on the corners so triangular in shape and right alongside the road

I will now always take a slightly spiteful approach and book an awning pitch, they all cost the same which is another oddity

or more likely not bother with CC club sites, we are only really CC members for the Cls and Scottish club sites which are mainly affiliated anyway

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
@cruiser elddis was just the first name that came into my head and not personal (y)

@DavidG58
If you've been to a site regular you discover that it's not so much the pitch size but where it is and for me I prefer the blue pegs by the river
I can still wind my awning out as it's not an "awning" in the way it is meant

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@cruiser elddis was just the first name that came into my head and not personal (y)

@DavidG58
If you've been to a site regular you discover that it's not so much the pitch size but where it is and for me I prefer the blue pegs by the river
I can still wind my awning out as it's not an "awning" in the way it is meant

That makes good sense

I have not yet had the luxury of a site letting me prebook a particular pitch, do you find that you can do that on many sites? :)

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
No not all sites have this situation and entirely due to size and terrain of the site
Every cc site has a site plan that you can download and study the layout in advance
You can only book a pitch type not a particular pitch
The booking page has the options and availability of each
Some sites have awning / non awning/ super pitch and camping

The last thing I would ever want is a pitch next to the kids play area so pays to look at the plan in advance

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi Andy

Hope it hasn't spoilt your stay.
Just out of interest, did the wardens go and have a word with the pitch stealing knobber?
We've just left CC's Godrevy site near St Ives and the warden told me to drive in to the pitch, meaning shade, shade and shade all stay. Yet if we could have reversed in, we'd have had sun, sun & fun. But they wouldn't allow it. Yet someone else on another pitch had the same can layout/Hab door off side and they reversed in!
I also tried pinching a foot when he aligned me up to the peg and he made me reverse out and drive back in so I was level with the marker peg.
So, maybe the warden should have made the caravanner move in your situation?

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes they would have made him move if I'd complained but as I said I told them straight away that I was happy as I know from experience that I would not have line of sight of Astra on the pitch they marked for me.
I have never been on a CC site where they insisted I reverse in ever in fact most often they tell you its your choice as long as you are to the peg. If I wanted to reverse in I would have ignored the warden unless they could give a very good reason.(in writing)
I nearly always reverse in now because wifey does NOT like her head next to the road in bed. The hab door is no excuse.

BTW it was a motorhomer not a tugger

Last edited:

Deleted User
There is a very long running thread on the Caravan club forum about reservation of pitches, oh the stuff that's been said about wardens and how they should never ever be allowed to reserve pitches, not even for valid reasons of any sort, they simply must behave like good robots and never think outside the box....i expect it's one of the trouble makers from there that did it, and probably just so they could report back, to the others how rebellious they had been :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back