please help maxview 80cm crank up (1 Viewer)

fabweb

Free Member
May 18, 2008
Funster No
thank you for your time

we are in northern sadneria and i have a maxview 80cm sat dish and freeview box
for the 1st time i am getting good signal strenght on sat for various frequencies but all the channesa re foreign does anyone know what setting i need to have
and how can i be sure i am on the right satelite

thanks for your help

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi,

i would say you are very close to the limit of your 80cm dish in sardinia for astra 2d unless you can change your reciever to the south beam.....dont ask...i dont know how.

set your reciever for astra 2d only and any other satellites you find will show "no signal" even if the strength is good.

as i said, 80cm dish is at the edge of its range and signals may not be good enough to lock on to.

check the footprint link.

<<Astra footprint>>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
thank you for your time

we are in northern sadneria and i have a maxview 80cm sat dish and freeview box
for the 1st time i am getting good signal strenght on sat for various frequencies but all the channesa re foreign does anyone know what setting i need to have
and how can i be sure i am on the right satelite

thanks for your help

Enter your location (you can choose a satelite;but think its default ia astra) and the direction will be shown on google map

Will work for your reigion

Link Removed

Regards

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Sat finder

I have sat finders and compass and they all help ...but what I use the all the time is something a sat engineer showed me
1 DISH UP (if you know the position of the sat then turn the dish to point to the sat and at the correct angle, In northern France where I go the dish angle varies from 831 to 855 on the digital readout

2 Switch receiver on

3 Switch TV on

3 Make sure receiver is on green (and not on stand by red)

4 Press services on remote

5 Scroll down to no 4 system setup using your up and down arrows
then press select

6 Scroll down to no6 signal test then press select

7 What you need is the following so you turn your dish until you get them very very slowly(I mean very slowly as you can pass the sat so quickly)

8 In signal strength box.... you want a grey bar to go at least 3/4 across for good signal (by moving the dish this will come and go so quickly)

9 Signal quality box .....1/2 or above will get you a picture the more the grey bar fills the line the better the picture (me most of the time I have just about two full grey lines) moving the dish side to side and up and down will alter with just the tiniest movement

10 Lock indicator ...OK

11 Network ID.....0002

12 Transport stream....07d4

If you have all these you will have a good picture

13 Then press your BLUE sky button on the remote that will take you back to the Skye screen then press the number buttons required ...101 BBC1

Hope this helps you and any other member…….if you wanted to try this on your tv at home just to see what settings is on your tv, you have you can try as long as you do no alter any settings just go through the sequence and have a look it will be ok go from no 2 to no13…..miss out no7 and just look in no9 but do not alter your dish just have a look at the setup then prees the blue skye button to take you back to main screen……. Better than any sat finder.
from a very pleasant peasant born Yorkshire man now living in France..........MEL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Sat finder

You professional Motorhomers if you use the sat finder method/way to set up, and you do not have very expensive equipment this is a good way to FINE TUNE YOUR SKY -SAT DISH

I have sat finders and compass and they all help ...but what I use the all the time is something a sat engineer showed me
1 DISH UP (if you know the position of the sat then turn the dish to point to the sat and at the correct angle, In northern France where I go the dish angle varies from 831 to 855 on the digital readout

2 Switch receiver on

3 Switch TV on

3 Make sure receiver is on green (and not on stand by red)

4 Press services on remote

5 Scroll down to no 4 system setup using your up and down arrows
then press select

6 Scroll down to no6 signal test then press select

7 What you need is the following so you turn your dish until you get them very very slowly(I mean very slowly as you can pass the sat so quickly)

8 In signal strength box.... you want a grey bar to go at least 3/4 across for good signal (by moving the dish this will come and go so quickly)

9 Signal quality box .....1/2 or above will get you a picture the more the grey bar fills the line the better the picture (me most of the time I have just about two full grey lines) moving the dish side to side and up and down will alter with just the tiniest movement

10 Lock indicator ...OK

11 Network ID.....0002

12 Transport stream....07d4

If you have all these you will have a good picture

13 Then press your BLUE sky button on the remote that will take you back to the Skye screen then press the number buttons required ...101 BBC1

Hope this helps you and any other member…….if you wanted to try this on your tv at home just to see what settings is on your tv, you have you can try as long as you do no alter any settings just go through the sequence and have a look it will be ok go from no 2 to no13…..miss out no7 and just look in no9 but do not alter your dish just have a look at the setup then prees the blue skye button to take you back to main screen……. Better than any sat finder

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back