scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

We attended the show today with the intention of visiting the Fun compound to meet friends old and new.. but alas, the security guard would only let us in if we paid a deposit of £25 per head in cash, refundable if we left before 6pm.. :RollEyes:

I understand why, it's a good security measure, but Jim was with us and even though he said we were friends visiting the Funsters this guy wouldn't budge .. and as I didn't have £75 in cash we couldn't get in.

What is odd though, there were other areas with vans parked that you could walk freely around unchallenged ..

Apart from that it was a good show, we met up with quite a few friends and visited traders we know.. so on balance, it was an enjoyable day but left disappointed that we couldn't stay later and enjoy some evening festivities with the Funsters.. :Sad:

Hope everyone has a great weekend .. :Smile:

Jim n Jan & Chaz

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
If that was the case Jim I am glad we didnt make the effort to go all the way up there today.

I have had my BBQ external point fitted instead.

Regards Pat

wbd2000uk

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Funster No
I was going to make a journey up there tomorrow, is it worth it? What traders are there? Any nice units on display?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wbd2000uk

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Funster No
Are there many american dealers present? What units have they got for viewing?

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi

We attended the show today with the intention of visiting the Fun compound to meet friends old and new.. but alas, the security guard would only let us in if we paid a deposit of £25 per head in cash, refundable if we left before 6pm.. :RollEyes:

I understand why, it's a good security measure, but Jim was with us and even though he said we were friends visiting the Funsters this guy wouldn't budge .. and as I didn't have £75 in cash we couldn't get in.

What is odd though, there were other areas with vans parked that you could walk freely around unchallenged ..

Apart from that it was a good show, we met up with quite a few friends and visited traders we know.. so on balance, it was an enjoyable day but left disappointed that we couldn't stay later and enjoy some evening festivities with the Funsters.. :Sad:

Hope everyone has a great weekend .. :Smile:

Jim n Jan & Chaz

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear that, The sad thing is, I've been busy & not had time to pop in here or go to Peterborough which I had tickets for :Doh: general camping from Friday - Sunday for 2 Adults & 3 Children, which you could of gladly had. :Sad:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Are there many american dealers present? What units have they got for viewing?

I wasn't looking at them in particular... Itchy Feet had a nice stand with some tasty RVs, Calder Leisure had several 5th wheelers including the Kountry Lite,

Travelworld,The Fifth Wheel Com. Dudleys, Destination RV, .. thats all I can remember in the American RV dealers ..

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Hi, we attended the show today and eventually found your stand but by that time we had been walking around for ages and just wanted to go and have a cup of tea ::bigsmile:

I nearly said hello but then chickened out as I've not been on this forum for long so I took one of your leaflets instead :Doh:

OH fell totally in love with the 5th wheelers though so it was worth the trek to get there and the weather was great.

Hope tomorrow goes well for you.

Marion & Mick

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear that, The sad thing is, I've been busy & not had time to pop in here or go to Peterborough which I had tickets for :Doh: general camping from Friday - Sunday for 2 Adults & 3 Children, which you could of gladly had. :Sad:

Thanks for the kind thought .. :Smile:

It's the first show we've attended as a day visitors .. probably the last.. apart from not getting into the Funsters Gulag we missed the amenities of our RV .. :Sad:
The best part of a show for us is meeting up with others .. and the evening festivities.. which we missed.. :cry:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
By contrast, I wandered though the whole area unchallenged... even had a ride back on the 'campo' bus :winky:

(That'll teach you not to go wandering around with suspicious looking characters:ROFLMAO:)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
By contrast, I wandered though the whole area unchallenged... even had a ride back on the 'campo' bus :winky:

(That'll teach you not to go wandering around with suspicious looking characters:ROFLMAO:)

Hope you didn't pay Graham as had a spare wristband.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
S-Jim ...I didn't go through gate 3... :winky: (I'd already found the other 'F' group camp... parked where Fun was last year :Smile: simply walked through by the exec building

John... yep, I paid ...I'd rather have given you the money!

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Missing Peterborough

S-Jim ...I didn't go through gate 3... :winky: (I'd already found the other 'F' group camp... parked where Fun was last year :Smile: simply walked through by the exec building

John... yep, I paid ...I'd rather have given you the money!

Hi everyone. Hope you are all having a brill weekend at Peterborough. Sorry we couldn't make it but we have no campervan at the moment. It was delivered yesterday to Wellhouse Leisure, Huddersfield for a complete refurbishment (they are at Peterborough this weekend selling their Toyota Campervans). We pick it up on 5th June and will see you early on 6th June at Stratford, like parents with a new baby!
Best wishes,
Graham Jean

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We had to pay deposits for our three mauve wristbands but got the money refunded at Gate 3 when we left about 7.30pm

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hi

We must have meet the same security guy at Newbury last year and he was turning Rv,s away on friday night telling them camping closed come back in morning, dont know were anybody would camp on friday night, but this guy is not doing Warners any good, l had a word with the organisers as he tried to turn away so one workig on my stand but he,s one of there best guard,s. He just as a people problem Paul

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi we arrived around 2am friday morning and asked security if we could park against the fence, no way hosay, why? we are pre-booked, the road is wide enough for three vehicles to pass easily, so whats the problem??

Guy in front in a Monaco was arguing with them, but I could see they wern't going to budge, so drove off around the corner and parked in the layby, followed shortly after by the Monaco. :Smile:

I don't know why most of the shows can't have a late arrivals area, something for the organisers to look into perhaps?

Olley

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hi ollie the guy in the Monoco is a good friend of mine, and he told me he,s meet that security guy a few time,s and now if he see,s him he just drives on if he can, but its put him off the MMM shows which is a shame

Bugsy

Free Member
Oct 25, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since December 2008
Peterborough Show

Hi Jim

We had a brilliant time at Peterborough and we're sorry that we were not able to meet you and your family. Hopefully we will meet up another time?:thumb:

Toni & Barry

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Jim, nice to see you at Peterborough, we could have had a walk on the dark side::bigsmile: we went round to see Red Sonja and left their van at midnight and they had locked the gate. :Doh: I had visions of climbing a 12' fence.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: it would have been easier digging under it. :drink: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back