Return Ferry From Normandy (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Drifting back towards northern France over the next couple of weeks aiming to return via one of the three Normandy ports..Cherbourg, Caen or Le Harve. We haven't booked the ferry yet and asking if there are any "tricks of the trade" or so to speak such as booking the night before..is that cheaper?...turn up seeking a cancellation and which of the three is usually the cheapest anyway? I certainly don't want the horrors of Calais or the M25 . Thank you in anticipation.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I would look on tinternet cos the price will vary all three will take you into Portsmouth I think. Brittainy Ferries is Cherbourg and Caen ,I always found them to be expensive DFDS do the Le Havre Route

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Internet booking always cheaper. Once had to just head for home quickly and bought at the port---very expensive.
DFDS from either Le Havre or Dieppe. If you join their loyalty scheme you might find on first trip after joining they give you a free cabin. I found Dieppe easier to navigate/ better sign posted than Le Havre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Drifting back towards northern France over the next couple of weeks aiming to return via one of the three Normandy ports..Cherbourg, Caen or Le Harve. We haven't booked the ferry yet and asking if there are any "tricks of the trade" or so to speak such as booking the night before..is that cheaper?...turn up seeking a cancellation and which of the three is usually the cheapest anyway? I certainly don't want the horrors of Calais or the M25 . Thank you in anticipation.

Try L D lines,,Dieppe to Newhaven. 20% discount if your over 60 if you telephone them. BUSBY.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
i have a 10% discount code for brittany ferries if your interested? pm me if you want to use my membership number.

Deleted User
LD lines no longer run ferries to the UK, DFDS operate the Newhaven - Dieppe route probably the same boats though.

BF now have the Western Channel to themselves apart from Condor Ferries fast service via the Channel Islands.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back