Kosovo , We Were There For A Couple Of Days. (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
It seems that no-one goes into Kosovo. We tried to look up some information but came up very short. We went into Kosovo and found it and interesting place. Below is our blog of the two days we spent there if anyone is interested in going.

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
travelbunyip
Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
If your travels are tame there is an easy solution. Get out of the comfort zone and see what there is out there. We have had no problems and have enjoyed visiting new and out of the way places. Help is always there if you need it.
By the way thanks for your interest.
Ewout and Jenny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Very interesting, thank you. The country is supposed to be safe apart for the far north although I would be wary about walking too far away from roads and tracks more or less anywhere as there are still landmines out there.

If I might make a suggestion without seeming too negative, avoid taking pictures of army trucks without asking first.

I speak as someone who had the film ripped out of their camera once for pointing their camera in the wrong direction! I did get a ride in an armoured vehicle in compensation. :)

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
If your travels are tame there is an easy solution. Get out of the comfort zone and see what there is out there. We have had no problems and have enjoyed visiting new and out of the way places. Help is always there if you need it.
By the way thanks for your interest.
Ewout and Jenny

We would if it was actually possible..... elderly parents who are dependent on us plus our own health concerns mean we are pretty tied to the UK at present.

"Out of the comfort zone" could easily mean there is no tomorrow for my hubby....... We've already had two blue light trips for him this year and I don't want to have that in places that are off the beaten track..... blue light trips have happened several times to me over the past 15 years as well, we both need medical equipment and special foods not easily available as we have found to our cost.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
W
We were recently on route to Greece and heard that a "peoples revolution" had taken place around there. Roughly about the end of April !!
Mitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We drove through here I guess after leaving Dubrovnik on way to Greece many years ago. When it was still Yugoslavia yes that long ago!:)

Always remembered how surprised people where to meet Londoners in a battered VDub van, very friendly, inviting us to their homes etc...

Seemed shocked when we bought crates of beer in at was of a few bottles. Will never forget the wonderful smoked cheese and luscious tomatoes

In fact it was 40 years ago exactly:)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Have added your fabulous blogs into my favourites list. We are heading in Motorhome to Romania in September ( Wife is from Transylvannia ) Your Euro travels highlight the fact there is more to travelling Europe than just the popular sites in France...Eastern Europe really should be on peoples places to visit...Cheers!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back