Awning Sides (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Well you can get a Safari Room. That's probably your only option using the F45 canopy but it's designed specifically for the job.

Not cheap though http://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/fiamma-privacy-room-safari-enclosure.html

You can get preowned ones for a lot less. I bought one from another Funster although it hasn't been out of my garage at home yet.

If you want new it might be worth looking at something different, perhaps a stand alone one that doesn't attach to your existing canopy. Plenty of threads about them if you search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Have a look here obelink.co.uk front sides poles joiners £180 approx.
Lee

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
JEEZE that's a lot of money. .. Ouch.
I waited and waited and was lucky enough to pick up an almost new kampa motor rally rumpy pumpy awning for less than half price. Well pleased with that.

I have a Fiamma side blocker unused that should fit the F45 (which is what I got it for) but without pole that you can have for a suitable liquid donation, Dave

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I waited and waited and was lucky enough to pick up an almost new kampa motor rally rumpy pumpy awning for less than half price. Well pleased with that.

I have a Fiamma side blocker unused that should fit the F45 (which is what I got it for) but without pole that you can have for a suitable liquid donation, Dave
Cheers my bestest mate will contact you on my return. Nor a bad swap for a 1/2 bottle of vintage Vimto.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
It saddened me to hear that you may not be buying a complete Safari room, for there are few more interesting activities to watch than seeing Safari rooms and similar being erected. There have been times when watching their erection has filled a whole afternoon with entertainment. On the other hand, Windblockers which can be equally effective, are rather boring as they can be put up quite quickly. The worst in this respect are the new inflatable awnings that go up faster than I can drink a cup of tea; totally, totally boring. Getting a complete Safari type unit should be easy, for lots of people only ever put them up once and then place them in storage, I am not sure why.
Alan

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
you can have ours 4mtr long ( needs grips to attach to awning sides . see photo ) for 200 quid. We will be at bring and buy.
sides.jpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Thinking about adding sides and front to the awning.

Suggestions recommendations and costs?

Fiamma F45
I have had to sell our privacy room side and front panels Dave, they are so heavy! :( Will be buying wind blockers this year instead.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I bought some polish on fleabay and a flyer came with it from a company selling awning panels. Have a look here 4.5 full room £207.
www.parrotsol.co.uk (y)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Broken Link Removed

We bought an awning front panel from these folks, they do sides aswell.
It depends what you want but we find this bit of kit just what we wanted and well made also not too expensive either.
Also found the company very helpful, replying to queries very quickly

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Broken Link Removed

We bought an awning front panel from these folks, they do sides aswell.
It depends what you want but we find this bit of kit just what we wanted and well made also not too expensive either.
Also found the company very helpful, replying to queries very quickly
That looks like a good bit of kit and price is very good. Nice link.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We picked up a second hand safari room complete, bought it from the dealer who sold us the van. It was brand new and never been used, they bought it for shows, and then never used it - nice!
So keep your eyes open for second hand, you're bound to pick up a bargain.

I am now a bit of an expert putting ours up, I dispatch wife to campsite shop, 20 mins later the safari room is up, and usually before wife returns from shop with loads of tourist nik naks! :D

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Thinking about adding sides and front to the awning.

Suggestions recommendations and costs?

Fiamma F45
What size is your awning. I have the full fiamma safari room for a 4 metre awning which I can let you have cheapish. Pm me for details.

Cheers
Alan

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Well you need to be parked up for more than a few days to get the best from it. In our case we use the privacy room nets finding thats enough for us. In Portugal Christmas 2013 we used the room for 4 months and was called "the hub" by a few members on here........
I think they are worth it for the extra room you get, but only if your parked up for days at a time.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the heavy weight privacy rooms an d safari rooms are just way to bulky and can be awkward to set up. so many for sale as they are not practical. the paratsol (run by a member of MHF) and the lilypadleisure ones are great as they are lighter and easier to store plus considerably cheaper

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Lots selling. What's the reasons. Are they more trouble than they are worth?
Really depends on how you intend to use it. Once set up, you need a good 20-30mins to pack it away again, so if you intend to do lots of driving, they are a total faff. We only put ours up when our activities include putting feet up and drinking cold ones from the fridge, which is nearly always.
I suspect a lot of people buy them thinking "Hey that would be great!" only to discover that after an hour of cursing to put the thing up, they now need to pack it all away to drive somewhere? :D

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Could be worth looking at the Wind Blockers Dave, we have them and can put them up in less than 10 minutes take them down in two, can't be messing with the safari room we never stay anywhere long enough to justify carrying it and putting it up and down. Just a thought.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We sold our safari room when the kids got too old to enjoy sleeping in it ( in the inner tents) it was bulky, cumbersome and a right pain in the arse to put away in the rain. Windblockers are fantastic, we only have the sides but will probably invest in the front at some point.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
As the Bigun said, LILLYPAD leisure sell the side fitting wind blockers, excellent, and up in seconds. !!

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
I am selling our full set of Lillypad Leisure new generation windblockers which have an inner roll up weatherproof membrane and wrap around corners.
The front shade is 300cm wide, and 2 ends have a rear height of 228cm and a front height of 200cm – the shades all pack away into a tidy fabric shopping bag and there are 2 expanding poles.
I paid £276 for the set which have only been used once, and am asking £120.
I can take them to Wrenbury bring and buy if anybody is interested.

Attachments

• 2015-06-01 16.47.22.jpg
    2015-06-01 16.47.22.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 8
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
They are heavy but well worth the effort when you put them up. We've downsized to a pvc so it's sat in the loft. It's got company though as there's another couple of awnings up there!!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
think you answered your own question Dave

many go on sale virtually unused, most have never seen an angry rain cloud..

they are a great idea, full of promise, but like many ideas.. best left as ideas..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back