Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just got back from 2 months tour in Germany and France and on our way home stayed in At CC site in York to have MOT and service for the van . To day before leaving York we decided to stop at the new Monks Cross M&S for some food to take home and parked in a almost empty parking area when an official (jobsworth) told us that we cannot park there since there is no provision for a van of our size ....7.2m ! He told us to go to and park in another area which was too far . He also said that the park and ride for motorhomes at Monks cross was also going to close soon . It seems that North Yorkshire has really got it in for motorhomers everywhere except in campsites !

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
This kinda jobsworth really tests your patience & belief in human nature. If its any consolation, we've always had an excellent reception anywhere in Yorkshire & its one of our favorite areas.

Hope the rest of the holiday was good & that your come home feeling revitilised.

Robert & Hazel.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
These small minded jobsworths annoy the hell out of most of us.

lets hope they are reincarnated as flies and we are still driving the motorhome down a countryroad..........splat!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just got back from 2 months tour in Germany and France and on our way home stayed in At CC site in York to have MOT and service for the van . To day before leaving York we decided to stop at the new Monks Cross M&S for some food to take home and parked in a almost empty parking area when an official (jobsworth) told us that we cannot park there since there is no provision for a van of our size ....7.2m ! He told us to go to and park in another area which was too far . He also said that the park and ride for motorhomes at Monks cross was also going to close soon . It seems that North Yorkshire has really got it in for motorhomers everywhere except in campsites !
The Park & Ride at Monks Cross can be used by motorhomes as can those at Grimston Bar, the Designer Outlet and Rawcliffe Bar (confirmed by York City Council web site motorhome parking page).

However, that is the P&R. The other parking areas at Monks Cross (the shopping areas) are privately owned and policy as to who can park there is up to the owners.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
To add to my previous post.
I set up a page on my web site for Discount Outlets & Major Shopping Centres nearly 2 years ago. On checking just now I see that the owners of Monks Cross Shopping didn't even have the courtesy to reply to my enquiry. McArthur Glen, on the other hand, were helpful. Perhaps shopping there and contacting Monks Cross Shopping to tell them why might concentrate minds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back