Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i have just installed a cello traveller 12V TV [ with integrated sat receiver].it does not say anywhere that it is FREESAT so i presume it will be FTA . i seem to remember reading somewhere that the programming guide is different, is that it ? are the channels the same? i have only had the chance to do a quick run thru and all the bbc /itv, channel 5 channels were there, but i did not seem to come across any of the entertainment or basic movie channels which used to appear on my maplins comag plug in receiver, which i always took to be FTA . i am very pleased with the tv so far so dont want to start removing and returning it if it is just me not understanding what set up ive got . cheers garry

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes the non freesat program guide is usually very poor and slow. Same channels are available on both but a Freesat receiver by default will only tune to freesat channels unless you specifically choose to search all.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
i have just installed a cello traveller 12V TV [ with integrated sat receiver].it does not say anywhere that it is FREESAT so i presume it will be FTA . i seem to remember reading somewhere that the programming guide is different, is that it ?
A FTA box will only get a programme guide with "now and next" programme information.
Freesat offers 7/8 day programme guide information, and automatic updates should channels change frequencies.
A Freesat box in non freesat mode will only offer "now and next" information, as, surprise surprise you are in "non Freesat mode"

are the channels the same?
Kind of.
There are some FTA channels that are not on Freesat.
And a FTA receiver will pick up ALL the various ITV c4 and Five advertising regions, where as Freesat only offers the regions allocated by the postcode you input on start up

i have only had the chance to do a quick run thru and all the bbc /itv, channel 5 channels were there, but i did not seem to come across any of the entertainment or basic movie channels which used to appear on my maplins comag plug in receiver, which i always took to be FTA .
It should pick up all FTA channels, if that is what you mean by "basic movie channels"....eg True Movies.
But perhaps your receiver does not have the frequencies for these channels in its "data table", and so it has not scanned those frequencies, hence the channels are missing.
If you do a scan, always make sure NIT / Network search is turned on, as this will update the receivers data tables with any new frequencies it finds on the satellites data tables.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
cheers, your info is really helpfull. yes it was true movies etc that i meant. . when i first connected the tv up i just connected the dish cable into it and pressed the initial satellite set up button . [after first having checked for correct signal alignment thru my old tv and seperate comag tuner]. so following your suggestions i will try and see if there is a way of doing a more comprehensive scan for the channels that are missing. does anybody know how to do it on a cello tv. the instructions that came with it are useless. thanks garry.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
cheers, your info is really helpfull. yes it was true movies etc that i meant. ..
you will need to make sure your system scans frequency 11306 V SR 27500FEC 2/3 if you want True Movies etc.
If your system does not have this frequency listed in its frequency table, then that is the reason why it has not picked it up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back