This May Be A Crappy Thread!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
hello everyone....need to ask a delicate question....

What is the best loo roll to use for the chemical toilet? Can we use nice quilted stuff or do we have to use the cheap, easily mushable stuff?

Does anyone bin their used loo roll rather than flushing it, as they do abroad? If so, do you just put it in the normal rubbish bins on sites etc?

If you flush it, do you ever get a blockage when you empty the cassette which may involve erm, manual unblocking of the pouring pipe (whatever it is called)?

Fully intend having a 'No Poo in the Moho' rule unless absolutely necessary because no site toilets are available !! So hoping the impact of these issues (tissues!!) will be minimal ...

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Check out the same question on YouTube, you'll find lots of info on the subject :)

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
There is no such thing as a delicate question on Fun and there are untold threads on this subject. We use the same loo roll as we use at home, triple ply and, yes, often the quilted stuff. It's only going to be in there 3 days at the most normally, with us anyway and we've never had problems on emptying. There are also numerous threads on what additives to use and many on Fun use cheap Bio washing liquid as opposed to the usual stuff promoted by the trade (the name escapes me at the moment, Aquakem? and others).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Nah then.
I cant remember the name of the loo roll I bought, its the real McCoy and dammed expensive ....so in future it be cheapo stuff and dropped in a small sandwich bag and chucked away in the nearest dog bin......and yeah you can get a blockage when trying to empty it........my shoes know that.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We put loo paper (our usual quilted stuff) and wipes into separate bin with bin liner. Tie up securely and put in general rubbish bin. Simples :)

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
What is the best loo roll to use for the chemical toilet?

"Cushelle"............... Dissolves in ten mins... (y)

upload_2015-7-13_20-9-30.jpeg

Upvote 0

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
Not had a blockage yet but it does puzzle me how a 10 inch turd can pass through a 2 inch pipe with a 90 degree bend.

The Thetford Shuffle at arms length (in case of leakage and splash back) is a little embarrassing while in the morning queue but is very good exercise.

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Fully intend having a 'No Poo in the Moho' rule unless absolutely necessary because no site toilets are available !! So hoping the impact of these issues (tissues!!) will be minimal ...

Ridiculous. It's a toilet - use it, just like any other toilet. Better in some respects, you know how clean it is. Use any old paper except the SUN which is a bit below FUN standards.

Your next question is "do I open before or after" = before.

Followed by "which chemicals" which has been answered 43213 times so far.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We use the cheapest loo roll preferably tesco and find its every bit as good as the dearest special stuff, luxury stuff does fill it up quick, and we never use any toilet but the one in the van that's what its there fot

Upvote 0

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Cheaper loo roll definitely dissolves more quickly and easily then expensive quilted stuff . I also think it takes up less room in the cassette and needs less swilling about to empty.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ja63

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Ooops.....the suggestion of not using the loo seems to have been met with horror!

How I see it, the more we use it the more I HAVE TO EMPTY IT!

A lot of my extended family used to caravan and camp a few years ago. We occasionally stayed overnight in their awnings when we were very young, not being able to afford our own caravan. I seem to remember them all having a no poo rule....and the lads were all sent off into the bushes for a leak (that was on farm sites not proper caravan sites). Maybe chemical loos have come a long way since then....not something I have studied!

Can't see the point in creating unpleasant work for myself if other clean facilities are convenient. But I haven't actually had to empty it yet, though...still waiting for our first Moho, perhaps it won't be as unpleasant as it sounds, in which case the embargo on unnecessary Moho poos MAY be lifted!

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In the van we just use regular paper. When we had an RV and used a macerator then we used the thinnest paper we might get a way with because the Andrex puppy three ply stuff could clog it and dismantling a macerator is not a pleasant job :eek:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
[
Can't see the point in creating unpleasant work for myself if other clean facilities are convenient.

No arguing with that logic.

Now showers are a different matter. MH showers really are crap. Basically not enough water. Enough for hygiene, just, but not pleasure. I mentally log campsites by their showers. In UK the No 1 is Grantown on Spey. Not only endless powerful hot water but piped music. Thank you Handel.

Upvote 0

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
[

No arguing with that logic.

Now showers are a different matter. MH showers really are crap. Basically not enough water. Enough for hygiene, just, but not pleasure. I mentally log campsites by their showers. In UK the No 1 is Grantown on Spey. Not only endless powerful hot water but piped music. Thank you Handel.

If you ever get down to the Moon and Sixpence, near Waldringfield Suffolk, they have individual shower rooms and some also have a bath in them.

They also have a 9 hole par 3 golf course all included in the price.

Oh and piped music, but only Radio 2 I'm afraid.

:cooler:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back