Autotrail - Sat Nav Help Required (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning šŸ˜Š
Hi Everyone, looking for some advice on the integrated sat nav in my Tracker EKS. Before setting off yesterday I set my route by postcode and was checking out the options for the sat nav and I think I may have clicked on something because although it gave me directions it was well in front of me travelling, if you know what I mean, and also I knew I had taken a wrong turn at one point but it never said 'Turn around or Recalculating'. The sat nav is a Uconnect 5" radio sat nav.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Gave up on the inbuilt sat nav on our 2013 AT mainly due to the cost of mapping upgrades and didn't particularly like the interface. Replaced with a stand alone Garmin 760.

I'm guessing yours is a newer model as Uconnect is the Fiat integrated system now supplied with the base vehicle. This system is driven by Tom Tom software \ mapping and you may be able to get some answers here http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/your-drive/built-in-navigation/uconnect-radio-nav/

Sorry can't be of more help.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Ours in an Autotrail Scout( 2013) is rubbish and we never use it.

We just use our Snooper.

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
If you want something intregated then have a look at the Pioneer DAB radio and sat Nav unit. Not cheap but very good.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
we have one of these built into our 2015 delaware, i had lodged a complaint with Fiat as there is no where on the unit to input the dimensions of the vehicle. It is basically a car satnav and not fit for driving a 4.5t 26ft long motorhome. Fiat wont have nothing to do with it and even the software upgrade that i had done last week has not changed it. I thought they might of added it but alas no. Not very good customer service from fiat at present regarding this. I dont even use it now as just cant trust it, i use a tomtom camper edition which although expensive has not let me down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We have same, bit stupid putting the car version in a MH! Will also have to carry our tom tom camper one :(
We are only 6m long, it's the height setting that we miss.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
How did people drive motorhomes, lorries, vans etc before satnav? It must have been impossible :)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
How did people drive motorhomes, lorries, vans etc before satnav? It must have been impossible :)
Satnav just makes it a lot less stressful with common sense as well, this is an argument over why they advertise a feature which is not fit for purpose or it is in my case.

Either way nothing i can do about it now but for someone looking to buy a new one, always better to know before hand as the salesman wont thats for sure.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I have been reasonably pleased with my Snooper until this year. In Austria there are an awful lot of 3.5 ton limits. We have a MLW of 4.5 tons so this was an issue for us. Sometimes she would give you a route and then be constantly giving out alarms that you were infringing 3.5 ton limits on the route she had given of all things. I have my weight and height set up in the parameters. Height has never been a problem. On other occasions you would ask for a route and then be surprised at the distance and then find she had given a really tortuous long route to avoid all the 3.5 ton limits. We refused to use motorways in Austria and thus had to use byways but they obviously try and force anything over 3.5 tons onto the motorways. In the end as the lorries seemed to be ignoring the weight limits I did as well! She also had no qualms over sending us over horrendous passes with one where I was seriously concerned at being able to hold the speed down to a crawl due to the rate of decline. I would urge a good map backup system that you check before relying on the SatNav and put in way points or short destinations to go the way you want to go rather than where your SatNav wants to take you!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back