pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just sold the Rexhall :cry:

Fella came yesterday and i spent an hour and half showing him everything. Seemed very interested.
Messaged me this morning to say he got a different one yesterday afternoon. :mad:

Phone call this morning, woman said hubby was in Scarborough and could he come for a look.
came this afternoon....20 minute chat, didnt seem that interested in what i showed him but he rang his wife who paid a bank transfer deposit.
collecting in 2 weeks.

We will buy again when funds allow but for now its a CARAVAN.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
well done.... was wondering whether yours might be another 23ft 6inch saga:rofl:

anyone know what has become of @slobberdoberbob ?
Last Activity:
Nov 2, 2012

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/members/slobadoberbob.6953/

his last post http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...y-adverising-agent-on-ebay.55960/#post-660386

But those that have joined in the banter has made it very enjoyable for me. But as the auction ends tomorrow on Ebay .. and a few days later on some other sites it will not be mentioned again as I promised. Now some many see that as a victory (Popeye for example) .. but looking at the posts of recent months the banter may well be missed by others I am sure.

But, I do not need to mention it any more.. simply every time someone thinks of an RV or a Winnebago they will remember 23' something.. the seed has long been sown.

Bob

and his prediction is true..

and well done John.. frankly didn't think it would sell so quickly..

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
well done.... was wondering whether yours might be another 23ft 6inch saga:rofl:

anyone know what has become of @slobberdoberbob ?
peeps on here decided that it was good sport to take the piss out of him relentlessly to the point of bullying.so he left the forum.
this is from the horses mouth as i have spoken to bob twice by phone and both times asked him to return,both times he refused saying it was affecting his health. so no more bob.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
peeps on here decided that it was good sport to take the piss out of him relentlessly to the point of bullying.so he left the forum.
this is from the horses mouth as i have spoken to bob twice by phone and both times asked him to return,both times he refused saying it was affecting his health. so no more bob.

that is quite sad.. :(

I thought he left because he was giving up motorhoming due to poor health

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
that is quite sad.. :(

I thought he left because he was giving up motorhoming due to poor health
if you remember he was selling his,too buy another motorhome that was more usable for him and his wheelchair,i have no idea if he sold his or not,i didn't ask him but i hope he is well and continuing motorhomeing,i do look out for him at shows but never seen him or his dog.
lost his phone number so cant contact him,so probably never know what hes at now.:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I can recall the constant pee taking and thought it a bit much at the time. so sad to hear that is why he no longer posts. he is missed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I can recall the constant pee taking and thought it a bit much at the time. so sad to hear that is why he no longer posts. he is missed

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995

I Agree with you, never met him but from his posts, I think I would have liked him and I for one am very sorry he is not on the forum anymore, as I liked to read his posts.

When you "joke" you have to be very careful how far you go and I will say, in his case it went much to far (IMO) but some thought of it as "sport". Sad!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Come off it Chris.

He was a prize bullshitter.

As a legal person , his musings began to affect my bloody health given their inaccuracies.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Come off it Chris.

As a legal person , his musings began to affect my bloody health given their inaccuracies.

Ah! Bullshitter, well that's a good enough reason then. Glad we cleared that up!

Well I'm a 75 year old bullshitter, I hope you lot don't start on me.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
He was a criminal lawyer and really knew his stuff I thought.

Stick to that is my view(y)

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Come off it Chris.

bullshitter maybe?i dont know?
but he could be amusing sometimes,only met him 2 or 3 times but liked the guy and his dog.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Maybe he did tell you a story, but it was not true, I would not allow bullying here. His last post proves that really not to be the case, and when it came to banter Bob gave as good as he got. Truth is he fell out spectacularly, in person (not on the forum) with members RV Owners club.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Anyway it was 23'9".
maybe it shrivelled up and shrunk through not being used??:rofl:

as for the saga of slobadobberbob, there will always be parts of a story not in the public domain. thankyou @Jim for clearing that up:wink:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Maybe he did tell you a story, but it was not true, I would not allow bullying here. His last post proves that really not to be the case, and when it came to banter Bob gave as good as he got. Truth is he fell out spectacularly, in person (not on the forum) with members RV Owners club.
there are 2 sides to every story and i was fully aware of one side but not the rvoc side,but can only go on what bob told me.that he was fed up with the constant piss taking,and i did apologize if any thing i had posted, had offended him or pissed him off.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
there are 2 sides to every story and i was fully aware of one side but not the rvoc side,but can only go on what bob told me.that he was fed up with the constant piss taking,and i did apologize if any thing i had posted, had offended him or pissed him off.

I think you may have been fed a line Chris. Look at his posts, he was fine here. He was welcoming people and telling them what a great place this was on his last day, hardly the actions of someone who was bullied to leave.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I think you may have been fed a line Chris. Look at his posts, he was fine here. He was welcoming people and telling them what a great place this was on his last day, hardly the actions of someone who was bullied to leave.
me fed a line,get real jim.
who knows what bob was thinking,perhaps he was trying to put on a brave face,all i know as fact is that the 23 9 went on and on and on---------------till it even pissed me off,so god knows how bob felt???

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
me fed a line,get real jim.
who knows what bob was thinking,perhaps he was trying to put on a brave face,all i know as fact is that the 23 9 went on and on and on---------------till it even pissed me off,so god knows how bob felt???

Yes it did go on. And if it went quiet for a day, who'd start a 23'9 thread up, yeah, Bob would.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Don`t forget.......... Bob could give as good as he got.... :nod:

As a by.......... What happened to Bryan... any one know.. Super guy.. (y)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
banter is a way of live that whats makes us british, all the funsters I have met are great that including the English as well banter only ha ha , chris why the welch rugby player on your forum ,see jim as taken is English rugby player of the forum going to be paxoed in the world cup buy the might welch lol still lol dark in Swansea at this time of night ray

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I think you are all right, banter is the UK's way of life ( I give out more than my fair share) trouble is we should keep an eye on it, as different people can only take a certain level of it, that might not be as much as you can "Take".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back