Fake French Cops In The News Again (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
interesting article,

pleased to note they operate at night and in unmarked vehicles.

we deliberately avoid travelling at night. it would be hard to tell a policeman you have just stopped for he cannot search your vehicle.

best advice i guess was " dont stop"

but would be stressful none the less.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
worth sharing .. thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
would be ideal if a gendarme unit borrowed a uk plated rhd car or motorhome to use as a bait vehicle. then shoot the pirates when they try their scam on them

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thanks for the warning. Not that we are likely to get to France again any time soon. :(

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
" It made clear that while it would be quite common to ask for driver's papers police, "unlike these motorway pirates" would never ask to search through bags under the pretext of looking for drugs."

Err yes because they have no legal right basically ,without a search warrant. So as soon as the say that you know they are Itinerant's.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
" It made clear that while it would be quite common to ask for driver's papers police, "unlike these motorway pirates" would never ask to search through bags under the pretext of looking for drugs."

Err yes because they have no legal right basically ,without a search warrant. So as soon as the say that you know they are Itinerant's.

agreed but then you got to get away... from them.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
agreed but then you got to get away... from them.
A ,I probably wouldn't stop until I found somewhere with people , i.e a petrol station. B , I never unlock the doors & would only speak out top of the window.
C, anyone shining a light directly in my face would get the same back & worse .

As I always assume that anyone I am dealing with is a crook , regardless of what uniform they may be wearing, I have the advantage in knowing that I will probably need to disable them before we have even stopped. ( That is if I stop ) Whereas they'll be thinking we've roped another dope!
Therefore I always ensure that I am in possession of items with which to disable them ,if necessary, pepper spray, amoniaco, even lemon juice is excellent.
I have other methods as well.:sneaky:
Anything that is illegal in the uk ,like the pepper sprays etc;I used to leave at my brother's before entering the UK but as he is no longer with us I just dump them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back