LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Pamala and I will be welcoming you into the Motorhome Fun spot for the weekend.

If you don't get much help from the showground marshalls, look for the black Dodge Flag and Land Rover flag beneath it, flying from our fifth wheel.

We look forward to greeting you all and let's hope, as usual, we all have a good weekend.

Nigel and Pamala

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Keep an eye out for us on Saturday as we wont be in the motorhome but will hopefully be parking with you just for the day as we will have lots to unload xxxx

Looking forward to seeing everyone

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am on respite so up to the beast tomorrow, what's the earliest we can arrive please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi John

I believe some people have got in at around 8 a.m. on Thursday, official time is 9 a.m. There is a large services on the A1 where we turn off for the showground, I believe you can park in there, but there is a charge, see another thread on this subject today.

See you then.

Nigel and Pamala

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Is this show totally open or are there admission charges to enter the ground (which i suspsect there is!)?

If so, whats the admission as i can't find any info regards that. Each website ive looked at just says how much it is to overnight which i wont be doing if i go.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is this show totally open or are there admission charges to enter the ground (which i suspsect there is!)?

If so, whats the admission as i can't find any info regards that. Each website ive looked at just says how much it is to overnight which i wont be doing if i go.

Hi

we are only going for the day .. Admission is ÂŁ6.50 adults, free parking.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We are aiming for mid day Friday :Smile:
That SHOULD be Mo and myself in one van and Dez and Donna in their merc ( for those that went to Newark, they are the poor sods who paid for a place and then broke down so never made it :-( )
I have a sneaky feeling he may have had to book using the MH facts so am praying they will be somewhere close at least !

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We are aiming for mid day Friday :Smile:
That SHOULD be Mo and myself in one van and Dez and Donna in their merc ( for those that went to Newark, they are the poor sods who paid for a place and then broke down so never made it :-( )
I have a sneaky feeling he may have had to book using the MH facts so am praying they will be somewhere close at least !
Hi Jaws,

Looking at the map, it would appear that Fun & Facts are in the pink area, close to each other.

Nigel, what is the latest time we can arrive on Thursday please?

Regards,

Jock.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Fun and facts are separated by 100 yards and a 12ft high fence. Should be enough:roflmto:

Facts are where we were last year, and we are where they were. Shame they are never together, there are lots of friends in each camp. :Smile:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We will be arriving pm if all goes well. See you then
Dave & Jen:thumb:

P

plumb1965

Deleted User
Peterborough show

Hi,
we are coming to Peterborough and having met some lovely people in the motor home fun and RV owners section would love to meet up.We wernt able to book as it had closed but have been told to pay on arrival.Do you know if thwere have been any cancellations in your booking area so we could stay with the group.We currently have a twin axelled caravan but are wanting to get a motor home (We think)

Sarah and Pete

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We arrived about an hour ago.

We have erected the flags, so look out for the Dodge Flag and Landrover flag beneath it.

Rally opening times - Thurs 10 am to 9 pm / Friday 8am to 9pm / Saturday 8am - 9pm

It does say that they have let people in previously, early on the Thursday at 8 a.m. - You should see them all camped outside the gate.

To get to our spot, you will probably be directed around the bottom of the field, take the first left, come up to the top of the road to the big fence. We are on the left hand side corner. There is a wooden fence around the corner, and would you believe there is a tap right there, so if you want to fill up prior to setting up just pull in tight around the corner.

Please see us prior to parking so that we can show you to your spot.

Let's hope the sun keeps shining.

Nigel and Pamala

If you need to get in touch you can ring us on 07704 n869281

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Sarah & Pete

No cancellations as far as we know yet. The camping area is not so far from us, so camp up and come over and enjoy the fun with us all.

Nigel and Pamala

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
As it was fully booked by the time i noticed :cry:...........I will be there on sunday just for the day, Sadly im going in the car (so i can fill it with stuff)
If you see me say hello, I'll be the one with the short blonde lady and the hyper active black cocker spaniel. Probably wandering round with stuff i dont need :ROFLMAO:
(sorry cant say hello to anyone, as i havent met anyone yet ::bigsmile:)

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Pamela and Nigel,
we will be arriving friday afternoon, see you there::bigsmile:
ruth & tony

P

plumb1965

Deleted User
Peterborough show

Thanks for your welcome,
Looking forward to meeting lots of new people
We will arrive around 5ish on Friday as im ateacher and cant complain after only just going back after 2 weeks off

Sarah and Pete

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Nigel and Pam. we will be arriving friday pm sometime. following school.

No need to worry about showing us where we are pitched I know where we will be pitched. it will be in the fun part of the Fun area. if the weather remains good it will be in the BBQ section if it rains it will be under Geo;s awning as it keeps the rain from me roof and helps me sleep better. :thumb:

is there any apple pie on offer from Pamela at this meet or will I need to stop on route? :Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Pammy and I will be with you all Thursday after lunch keep a good rope on that Sun Graham:thumb:
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No Apple Crumble!!!:Eeek:
Show Cancelled
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Fun and facts are separated by 100 yards and a 12ft high fence. Should be enough:roflmto:

Facts are where we were last year, and we are where they were. Shame they are never together, there are lots of friends in each camp. :Smile:

If you seem to be having more Fun We will jump the fence. bob.::bigsmile:

See you at Newbury. :Smile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Weather pending, we'll be there today, after out teatime Hot Air Balloon Flight, (attempt No 5).

Depending upon the wind direction, if you see a big red Virgin Balloon over the site between 18.00 and 19.00 ish, give us a wave. And if we land safely :roflmto: hopefully we should arrive at the Funster's pitch before 21.00 hrs tonight. :thumb:

See you all there, or from "way up there". :ROFLMAO:

Jock & Rita.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
DAMN. I took a load of pictures of the Virgin hot air balloon that flew over the showground LAST NIGHT. The kids were shouting and waving "Hello Jock":Doh::Doh:

We will see you tonight if the wind is in the same direction. Balloons are great fun, I jumped out of one at 5000 feet, I got out of the basket much like a diver gets out of a boat, then waving as watching as the balloon and pilot shrink away, slowly at first and then very fast. You will see the same if you fall out Jock, so hold on tight and enjoy, we'll take pictures if we see you:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Weather pending, we'll be there today, after out teatime Hot Air Balloon Flight, (attempt No 5).

Depending upon the wind direction, if you see a big red Virgin Balloon over the site between 18.00 and 19.00 ish, give us a wave. And if we land safely :roflmto: hopefully we should arrive at the Funster's pitch before 21.00 hrs tonight. :thumb:

See you all there, or from "way up there". :ROFLMAO:

Jock & Rita.
Jim,

I am touched that you and the family thought about us....................even if it was 24 hrs early.

Right then, I'll have to cross the pilots palm with silver, to see if he can steer us over the Showgorund.

Don't delete those piccies please Jim, I might need to scrounge a couple. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Pamala
We will be with you on Friday about 7.30ish traffic depending.

Will have to stock up on the apple crumble on the way.

Bob and Jane - We will electrify the fence :ROFLMAO: Looking forward to seeing the new van.

Sonja

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back