RV Tank Level Indicator.. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I’ve never met an honest RV tank level gauge. In fact I’m not sure why RV manufacturers even bother to install them. In all of my RV’s I could always count on my tank readings to be false. With every new RV I purchased, I secretly hoped that this time they would be accurate, but alas, no joy!

I think all RVers would all agree with that statement .... personally I gave up on mine years ago and have got used to living without.. so wouldn't bother.. for those who have a bit of spare cash this might be what your looking for ..

Link Removed

Link Removed

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have just had a look at the site and for me I would be very wary of it.

The sensor used AM RF and I'm sure that it is very low powered but RF can get into the wiring system and AM RF is very good to coursing RF harmonics and interference, similar to the power unit on a fluorescent light.

Modern vehicles have a lot of electronics built into them, IE computer engine control, and it's just possible that this level sensor could upset the computer, I'm not saying a big risk but a risk is there.

Of course if its turned of when the engine ir running the it can't be a problem.

Doug...

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Modern vehicles have a lot of electronics built into them, .

Glad I don't have one ( a modern vehicle ) and don't want one.. my Cummins only needs a tank of gasoil and a my right foot connected by a cable.. no temperamental electronics to give me grief .. more trouble than they are worth.. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
It says on other threads to clean the sensors..............but it don't say how :Sad:

Anyone any tips?

Boo

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It says on other threads to clean the sensors..............but it don't say how :Sad:

Anyone any tips?

Boo

I don't bother, it's waste of time, they only work for a couple of days.. :RollEyes:

I've been told that ice cubes work well for the black tank.. 3/4 fill tank with water and dump in a couple of bags of ice cubes, go for a drive along a twisty road, return home and dump.. so they say.. :roflmto::roflmto:

I have the grey piped out permanently via a 1" hose into the hedge row and I dump the black every 4 or 5 days .. could go longer but I like the exercise.. so don't need level indicators.. also on city water .. but keep a tank of fresh just in case.

The most reliable black tank indicator is your ass.. when it gets splashed.. it's time to dump .. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Happy to report that after about 3 to 4 months persevering with the "Geo Method " all has come well on the last three trips out I have had black and grey sensors working 100% and they seem to be staying that way
After the trouble it caused last time it was posted on here I must point out that the "Geo Method" is the invention of a Mr Charles Bruni
his web site HERE
Basically in a nut shell, after each dump and before the next trip to a meet, I have put 2 to 3 gallons of warm water and a couple of tablets of Bio washing powder into my tanks and they of course have a good slosh on the journey outbound
I can say it has worked for me, and for the first time the lights now go fully out when empty and appear to register correctly as they are used:Eeek:
Geo (Not the Inventer):Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back