Make Sure You Hpi This If You're In Market For Buying! (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Just come across this on EBay - same motorhome/reg as what I very nearly bought last year and was set to go pay the deposit and commit, only to HPI it and be advised against buying it due to it being on the security register.
Albeit different eBay seller and location, it seems strange that in nearly 12 months, only 400 miles done.

Original advert eBay ref. 141443450183

Current advert eBay ref. 221817133392

May now have been cleared off the register and could now be a good buy, but would hate for someone to part with forty odd grand and get a big surprise.

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Yes and an increase in £5k in 12months!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gracey

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Near rugby
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
7 years
Hi guys, this Dethleff XXL is a legitimate sale we have all the correct paperwork in place and bought it some months back directly from the bank. We have been motorhoming for years now and would not sell our Motorhome illegally.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi guys, this Dethleff XXL is a legitimate sale we have all the correct paperwork in place and bought it some months back directly from the bank. We have been motorhoming for years now and would not sell our Motorhome illegally.

the power of the internet!
Good news you have all the paperwork. Good luck with your sale.

Gracey

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Near rugby
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
7 years
The increase in price could be due to the fact that is was on at £45 in the first place fraudulently. I hope this has not harmed our genuine sale.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Gracey, thanks for clearing up the confusion, I hope you sell quickly.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Why buyer beware? I'm confused

As a general rule it does seem that when things don't look quite right they often aren't

Your MH sale has tripped that criteria by being resold with hardly any mileage at a higher price than last time

Listed without photos is my biggest doubt, who does that if it is parked outside their house?

If you are a genuine seller best of luck, it seems an awful lot of money for a MH of any class at that age, particularly if has any recorded financial history

edit, just looked again at the link to the advert, did I miss the photos?? apologies if I did, or have they now been added?

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
There are so many scams on ebay @Gracey that we tend to be a suspicious lot if something doesn't quite add up. That may not be the situation in your case and if so we wish you well with the sale. Welcome to the forum by the way, this is a great place to exchange all sorts of ideas and info and if you were to join and pay your subs it will open up a wealth of options for you.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Why buyer beware? I'm confused

All buyers should be circumspect when spending so much money? just suggesting normal due diligence before proceding that all

Just the normal cavaets when a van being sold with no real history of ownership by seller. If it smells like a fish:)

Gracey

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Near rugby
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
7 years
Please let me just say I think it is good that somebody flagged up a problem with this MOTORHOME from a year ago, it means the forum is working for its users which is what it is all about. I am a genuine seller but for circumstances out of our control hence the good price. I have no hidden agenda and have provenence for this Motorhome. Thanks

Gracey

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Near rugby
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
7 years
I'm not sure what else to say, we know the history of this vehicle and bought it directly from the bank, we have all the documents and the HPI check has no adverse Data recorded against this vehicle.
There is nothing recorded on this Dethleff Motorhome. We have in the past owned a Laika and we still have our Fiat Rapido. We have been motorhoming for over 7 years now and have travelled all over Europe. Due to a change in work circumstances we can no longer keep two Motorhomes hence the reason for the sale.
No buyer would purchase a MOTORHOME without the correct paperwork and checks.
I hope to converse about other things on this forum shortly but obviously wanted to clear up this situation first.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I wish I found this site before I bought a motorhome..... Unfortunately, for genuine sellers they are put in the same pot as the bad ones, there are too many posts on stolen vans on here.
If something flags up on a van then you have to tread very carefully.

I would love to buy your van if I had the money it looks beautiful... But from my own experience I would practically rip it to pieces to check everything.... These fraudsters have no moral conscience.

I hope all goes well with your sale as this van needs to be back on the road giving someone a wonderful life...:)

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I wish I found this site before I bought a motorhome..... Unfortunately, for genuine sellers they are put in the same pot as the bad ones, there are too many posts on stolen vans on here.
I Couldn't disagree anymore regarding this statement.
Genuine sellers are not put in the same pot as the bad ones. There's many genuine sellers on here.
What your fellow funsters are highlighting is that for a £49k van, why is there only one photograph?
And what I was stating is, if you're in the market to buy, make sure you do a HPI.
Plus, £5k increase in 12 months and only 400 miles - I've pointed out a fact regardless of reasons behind it.

Secondly, you've mentioned that there's far too many posts on stolen vans on here - but yet you've said that you wished you'd found this site before buying your motorhome? - Wouldn't you have wanted someone to flag a potential issue or highlight history on a van which isn't shared in the selling advert?
I certainly would and I would bet my bottom dollar that every buyer on here would too.
So keep the posts on stolen vans coming.
When I was two-ing and fro-ing with the previous seller, she told me that she had all the provence and no hidden agenda and wanted to sell before a certain date in her advert. I believed her and was willing to shell out my £45k. It was only at the eleventh hour that my bank asked me if I'd HPI'd it that I decided to and am I glad I did!

I've nothing against the current seller and not disputing what they've posted on here and wish them good luck with their sale, but if you are in the market to buy, make sure you do your homework.

Gracey

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Near rugby
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
7 years
GAVLAD I do agree with you and we had dealings with the previous non owner too she nearly sucked us in she was very good. She told us she was getting divorced and that she had the correct paperwork fortunately we too did the HPI and realised there was a huge issue as it came up on the HPI check, so when the vehicle legitimately came up for sale from the bank we bought it. Just now we have a change in work and need to sell.
You too must have really liked this like us, did you get a different Motorhone?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I Couldn't disagree anymore regarding this statement.
Genuine sellers are not put in the same pot as the bad ones. There's many genuine sellers on here.
What your fellow funsters are highlighting is that for a £49k van, why is there only one photograph?
And what I was stating is, if you're in the market to buy, make sure you do a HPI.
Plus, £5k increase in 12 months and only 400 miles - I've pointed out a fact regardless of reasons behind it.

Secondly, you've mentioned that there's far too many posts on stolen vans on here - but yet you've said that you wished you'd found this site before buying your motorhome? - Wouldn't you have wanted someone to flag a potential issue or highlight history on a van which isn't shared in the selling advert?
I certainly would and I would bet my bottom dollar that every buyer on here would too.
So keep the posts on stolen vans coming.
When I was two-ing and fro-ing with the previous seller, she told me that she had all the provence and no hidden agenda and wanted to sell before a certain date in her advert. I believed her and was willing to shell out my £45k. It was only at the eleventh hour that my bank asked me if I'd HPI'd it that I decided to and am I glad I did!

I've nothing against the current seller and not disputing what they've posted on here and wish them good luck with their sale, but if you are in the market to buy, make sure you do your homework.

Wasn't this my point, without all the waffle...? :whistle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm obviously missing something as there are several photos on the Ebay ad!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back