Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi, I just wandered what everyone uses when wiping the work tops and table? We've had a mh for years and I've always used baby wipes or kitchen roll because I was worried a spray may damage them. I use Dettol or a supermarket anti-bacterial surface spray cleaner at home on the worktops and just wandered if it's ok to use in the mh on the work tops and the wooden dining table?

Like I said I'd be very interested to know what other ppl use please x

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
use the same stuff you would use at home. the surface is exactly the same as kitchen worktop at home over a lightweight board

oh and the "Wooden" table tops are generally laminate too, just textured and coloured to look like wood. unlike the cupboard door which tend to be be a very thin wood overlay on top of lightweight plywood. those need furniture polish

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I polish them with Autoglym as well as the stainless cooker top, sinks and loo :) leaves a surface easy to clean .

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Use a antibacterial Spray sometimes I give all the work surfaces a wipe over with Bleach, never done any harm in 10 years so must be ok and surfaces still as good as when we had the van. Use polish wipes for the wood.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Mr Muscle kitchen spray, works wonders on all the surfaces (other household cleaning agents are available) :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Other than the 'wet' surfaces of kitchen and bathroom, I wonder how much cleaning is really needed with powerful chemicals. What is wrong with using a duster or damp cloth on the cupboards etc., are we not getting too reliant on commercial cleaners to 'over-kill' cleaning some surfaces?
Alan

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Other than the 'wet' surfaces of kitchen and bathroom, I wonder how much cleaning is really needed with powerful chemicals. What is wrong with using a duster or damp cloth on the cupboards etc., are we not getting too reliant on commercial cleaners to 'over-kill' cleaning some surfaces?
Alan
Totally agree. Bad for the environment, bad for the pocket. May even be bad for the surfaces!
Warm water & microfibre cloths is all that's needed, pretty much anywhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Any spray will do, try and avoid the ones with bleach in them!
I heard some advice a while ago, that is-polish the loo bowl, it does help keep it clean!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back