RebeccaKristy

Free Member
Jan 27, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Help urgently needed. At great expense I converted the gas to gas-it bottles. Only life got in the way, and when we've arrived at santander we have forgotten to get the adapters. We went to one lpg garage and they couldn't help, I don't think they have the english adapters.
We are back past Santander tomorrow. Does anyone know of a garage which has the adapters, for sale or to borrow? Or any camping shops here that sell them? We are running low on gas now! Thank you.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Repsol stations that have autogas normally have the necessary adapter to fit their pump nozzles but they will only screw in the standard uk autogas filler, photo attached, if your gas it bottles dont have this then it could be a problem as the Spanish adapter screws into the uk fitting.
Hope this helps
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
PS this is the Spanish adapter which screws into the uk fitting
image.jpg

OP
OP
RebeccaKristy

RebeccaKristy

Free Member
Jan 27, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Any recommendations near the a8 for big supermarkets? Only found the smaller ones so far?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if its a standard filling port supplied with the kit, then yes the adaptor screws in

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
I don't suppose that there are any Brit vans near you that use the same adapter that maybe you could borrow for a short while?

Colin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we were in Spain earlier this year we needed to use the below French/Italian/Euro fitting screwed into our filler point (same as the one above in post #3) and then the garage used another adaptor which clamped onto it which the filler nozzle could be attached to.

euro_adaptor.600.jpg

We found, however, that the Repsol garages usually had a large box of various filler adaptors so I'd be very surprised if they didn't have something to be able to fill you up!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Look for the French owned Carrefour and Auchan supermarkets.
if anywhere it will be there.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
lots of spanish adaptors are for the very small italian thread . its about half the size of the uk adaptor threads .
think its a 10mm thread. is it tamasi or something that the italians use. i found spanish have had that thread on their adaptors for several years .

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
PS this is the Spanish adapter which screws into the uk fittingView attachment 68909

That's the Euro adaptor Larry which is supposed to be rolled out across the EU at sometime. Last time I was in Spain some 5 years ago some of the new garages had that, and the older ones had either the UK bayonet or the French claw gun. Nothing like keeping things standard. :)

Ian

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Download the app My LPG.
Find LPG station near you, not too many.
Go to location, they should have a Spanish adaptor that screws into your adaptor.
Fill up.
Caravan suppliers should be able to supply a adaptor for future use.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
That's the Euro adaptor Larry which is supposed to be rolled out across the EU at sometime. Last time I was in Spain some 5 years ago some of the new garages had that, and the older ones had either the UK bayonet or the French claw gun. Nothing like keeping things standard. :)

Ian

Hi Ian, when in Spain the last three years that was the only one we used but other than one fill up we used Repsol stations so i guess they use it as standard.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Here the lpg station has adaptors for every conceivable need.

lots of spanish adaptors are for the very small italian thread . its about half the size of the uk adaptor threads .
think its a 10mm thread. is it tamasi or something that the italians use. i found spanish have had that thread on their adaptors for several years .

Yes my filler is the acme/German/French one & which I have to use a Spanish euro connector >10mm adaptor or a UK bayonet> 10mm to fill.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If there are any aires near you you'll probably find some Brits there ... just an idea!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Think it might be that. It is the external fill point, we have filled it in the uk?

My Gasit external is same as one pictured. You will just have just go try a few stations to see if they have one. Most but not all have a box of them....

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Have you tried the big supermarkets ?

If they are anything like the French ones they stock almost every concievable item.
I'd be highly surprised! You're hard pushed to find them on sale in a caravan place around here. My local bloke has them all for filling & will obtain them for you to order. (They're all stainless steel though & 39€ a piece.:Eeek: )
I use a caravan supply place up north but even they don't actually stock them.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
When we were in Spain earlier this year we needed to use the below French/Italian/Euro fitting screwed into our filler point (same as the one above in post #3) and then the garage used another adaptor which clamped onto it which the filler nozzle could be attached to.

View attachment 68910

We found, however, that the Repsol garages usually had a large box of various filler adaptors so I'd be very surprised if they didn't have something to be able to fill you up!

many do but not all...its pot luck i'm afraid

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I would not waste time with a supermarket...best chance garage selling LPG

Yes, I referred to post above mine which was post 2 , the link to lpg eu which is filling stations.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back