Vodafone Mifi (driving Me Nuts) (1 Viewer)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi Im on a site and my virgin internet isn't great. So I remember the Vodafone mifi I bought its a r207 model. I set it up but I can't for the life of me get on internet to surf.

However it will connect to Vodafone and whilst it is. It will update apps etc but will not connect to websites.

Has anyone any idea I must earn you I am no techy and struggle with this kind of stuff (you proberly guessed already) so please if you can save my sanity.

Thanks Paul

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Is it one of the MIFI I posted about a while ago ??
If so the sim only lasts 30 days from first activation, so if you tried it before then it may have expired..

Or same thing, when did you load / buy the data.. Almost all now have a time limit of 30 days..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Agreed with Tonka.
i had a Hauwai (sp) mifi and a voda non expiring sim for a few years....simply top up until used, no time limit.
i tried using it one day and despite having £14 credit i couldnt connect to the web.
enquiries showed voda had moved the goalposts and i had to buy an expiring data package with my existing credit.

The card still has £14 credit but vodaphone lost a customer....i now use 3 and get the same as the early voda sim.....non expiring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi, if its one of the vodafone units that were linked on here late last year. quite a few of us got them and unlocked them.. assuming the problem isn't an expired sim as mentioned above then you had to go to the log in page and find the section that allowed you to change the apn,s depending on which providers sim you used...
I found it quite a difficult device to set up to get it to connect to the internet, so you are not alone lol.
. @ukbill gave me a hand to understand how to go on..
hope you can get it sorted.
ta andy

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Bought a while ago but brand new out box today. On the Vodafone thing its given me 2gb of data should be 4gb and 30 days and its swallowing data.

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Anyone any idea ?

To make matters worse I've popped into Vodafone shop today to be told its working fine.

Oh no it's not :-(

Jun 22, 2011
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
For what its worth we are in deepest France, near the end of our 2 week trip. We have a 3 sim card and it has been faultless. Absolutely recommend this for all travellers!

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Agreed with Tonka.
i had a Hauwai (sp) mifi and a voda non expiring sim for a few years....simply top up until used, no time limit.
i tried using it one day and despite having £14 credit i couldnt connect to the web.
enquiries showed voda had moved the goalposts and i had to buy an expiring data package with my existing credit.

The card still has £14 credit but vodaphone lost a customer....i now use 3 and get the same as the early voda sim.....non expiring.
I bought a Vodaphone sim in Germany 18th of last month Ive hardly used it as I haven't got the hang of my Hauwai ! I don't know how many times I reset it as it wasn't accepting my user/password Id changed! how do you know how much is left on it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back