Rally Chat Bagwell Rally, 2015 & 2016.... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Summary".....
Apologies for being a bit late... (So much going on)

Firstly grateful Thanks to Jez & Lin and Steve & Denise for all their help..
Jim for the loan of the Event`s shelter`s.. and those who brought it and helped erect said Tent/Shelter.. And all the lady`s who helped (Did most of the work) for the Cheese & Wine and Bacon Roll cooking and serving and other get together`s.. :clap2:

And Thanks to Bengie for dragging his Hog Roast machine all the way to Weymouth, to enable us to have Fish & Chip` supper and of course the Hog Roast..

Last but not least all the Funster`s who turned up and donated for the raffle and delved deep into their Pocket`s & Purses for the £££££`s

Which as most know was a fantastic sum of £750. for Julia`s House Hospice for Children..:clap2::notworthy2:(y)
....................................................................................................................

.Now onto 2016,,,, early I know, but just putting feelers out to see what response, and do we want to do it again.. ?

This year we worked out, for the Fish & Chip`s & Hog Roast the approx amount to charge or suggest.(Not wanting to make a profit).. But unfortunately because of 7 unit`s not turning up who had booked, it was necessary to up the charge and suggest a minimum... for both event`s... Funster`s showed their true colours and came up trump`s, so much so that there was a profit of over £40... I cannot thank those that came and forked out enough, as I honestly thought I would have to dip into my own pocket..

Now as said, Early but do we want another Bagwell Rally with a follow on to the fabulous Dorset Fun Rally... Run by Jez & Lin.. if possible to amalgamate the two again. ??????????? (Next time I WILL stay at Nordon Farm for the duration)
If the feedback is favourable it will be run with a similar but different format and entertainment.. :wink:
And I will have to go with what Jez & Lin did.... Deposit required to cover expenditure "Food" bought in Entertainment ETC... When booking to save me the embarrassment of putting prices up after they had been advertised as so much..:blush:

Finally, I set the maximum unit`s at 50, which I thought the rally field we had would easily accommodate 50 with out being on top of each other..

Having spoken to Bagwell Management we could have both Rally field`s.. But if this was the case I would need help with the booking in and marshalling and would offer some space to our sister Site "RVOC"... having seen how the ground can easily cope with 40 - 50 ton "Tank`s..

And try and arrange it that it did not clash with some of the big show`s..

Sorry for the long winded thread, but I would like next year to run like clockwork.. (y) with no mishap`s..
Any suggestion`s will be taken on board...
Thanks.
Mo.

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Great rally Mo realy enjoyed no problem with increased price shame people let you down,take deposit next year make it easier for you.look forward to next year

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We would be up for both venues next year, Mo. Deposit - no problem either......... Will try and turn up a bit earlier next time to avoid having our reserved hook up and space pinched as well............

Thanks again for the great organisation as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Mo, we would have attended this years rally at Bagwell Farm. However it clashed with the show at Stratford upon Avon. For us rallies at Bagwell Farm and Norden Farm after the Stratford show would be Funster Heaven. Pam and I are more than happy to assist in whatever way we can should you need help.

Brisey & Pamelaaar.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks Brian & Pamelaaar. Appreciate that.. (y)

Have to try and find out when Stratford is and have a word with Jez..

Mo.
PS.......... Just cracked a bottle of "Emporado".... tasted bootiful. Thanks a million.. :cheers:

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Could well be interested in attending next year, Mo, although it's dependant on work etc..........think you are right to look at charging deposits etc,

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo :)
Loved both rallies & would love to go again:party2:
If a clash with Stratford could be avoided, then we are talking BIG-TIME FUN:party2:

Early day`s, just getting a feel to see if it will be feasable..

As soon as I find out when Stratford 2016 is I can go to work.. (y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We would attend both rallies next year Mo, I would make sure Bagwell didn't clash with Corfu! Happy to help with whatever and to pay a deposit. (y)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We could only stay for 3/4 days so missed the hog roast. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and good to meet Jez and Lin again after 8 years ago in Egypt.
Thanks for all the effort you put in, and look forward to next year.
Phil and Gill

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Excellent idea & we would love to attend both rallies for as much of the time as our family life allows!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Super rally MO when do you want the deposit will the morning do:) count us in and put us down for a day of stewarding etc

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks Steve......... You worked like a trojan.. (y)

Trying to think of idea`s for next year... :)

Couple of things come to mind...

3 or 4 Charter boats for an evening cruise to Lulworth Cove, Anchor up and raft the boat`s (Tie up side by side) together and have an onboard Bar-B-Q party on the boats... Done it before and it was a fantastic evening.. (Providing the weather is nice and the sea calm..:wink:)

And perhaps if the timing of the rally is right, a trip to this = Broken Link Removed

And maybe a Day trip round interesting places in Dorset, I can get my hands on 22 to 70 seater coaches.. :Smile:

Did a self drive bus to the Fleet Air Arm Museum Yeovil and down country lanes to Lulworth Cove, the last rally I did for RVOC & Funsters. Which turned out to be a good day out..(y)

Any idea`s throw them at me, and towards the end of the year I will compose/post a list of suggestion`s for people to vote on..

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Could well be interested in attending next year, Mo, although it's dependant on work etc..........think you are right to look at charging deposits etc,
I found the deposit route worked really well this time, it sort of made it an all inclusive Rally and saved the need to keep bothering folk for money for this, that and the other. It also shows the level of commitment of Funsters attending. This time I didn't have one DNA without giving me notice. Last year it was almost 50% (y) I need to call it something different though, quite a few thought it meant that they had paid towards their site fees rather than covering upfront costs.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Mo I've only just spotted your post, we'd love to attend next year and hopefully make it to Jez & Lins too........and @Popeye is aiming to tie the New Forest one to either end so sounds good to us.

Totally agree about asking for payment towards food/entertainment up front(y).

@old-mo

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Would love to join you all if know dates as easrly as possible I can book off the time from work

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
have plans to attend both next year and completely agree that a (no refundable) deposit is the way to go

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
have plans to attend both next year and completely agree that a (no refundable) deposit is the way to go
We intend on attending all three - Bagwell, Corfe, new Forest and no issues at all with any advance payments that may be requested/required. (y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
health permitting would like to do both please...As the 2 litre bottle of whisky I (quite rightly!) won, has mysteriously disappeared!:oops:

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Mo, We would love to attend both next year and of course have no problem with deposits. Why should you have pay out of your own pocket. Look forward to it.
Nicki & Phil (To be reincarnated as Boycie) Be warned don't call Nicki Marleen.
14367155446641.jpg

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Judging by the interest.it look`s like it will be on..

Now for those who have replied and came this time, what field do you want... the one we were in or the one the Army had..? census of opinion I will get in first.. (y)

Now, If any one get`s to hear when Stratford show is next year "please" give me a shout and I will book/run the rally from the Tuesday after Stratford,,, then hopefully if Jez & Lin do Nordon (Corfe Meet) we can run simultaneously again.. (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Judging by the interest.it look`s like it will be on..

Now for those who have replied and came this time, what field do you want... the one we were in or the one the Army had..? census of opinion I will get in first.. (y)

Now, If any one get`s to hear when Stratford show is next year "please" give me a shout and I will book/run the rally from the Tuesday after Stratford,,, then hopefully if Jez & Lin do Nordon (Corfe Meet) we can run simultaneously again.. (y)

Either field would do, but the same as this year might be better if is a bit wet.... Can I reserve an EHU now please? ;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@old-mo
I did notice that the field the 'army' bods had was more sheltered, although was the one we we in larger so there was plenty of space:LOL: swings & roundabouts I suppose:)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Had a great time this year, definitely up for next year. Deposit not a problem, the way to go. You may need both fields if it does not clash with Stratford.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back