Free Member
Feb 27, 2014
manchester
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
not got one yet
hi my name is tracey 50 years young, i am sick of my life at min, i am thinking o selling up and buying camper van to live in full time,would need to still work 4 days, i have a hobby scroll sawing, i would like your thoughts and advice. its just me an my dog kim , thanks in advance
IrvdBZMp3PFFQl59OC8C.gif
I have looked at some motor homes, would like a fixed bed and garage for my scroll saw, i need to know how life is full timeing, parking, ect thanks in advance

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! Can't really help on the full timing but it can certainly be done although it helps if you have an address, which could be a relation or good friend, for sending official correspondence. Be aware full time insurance can be very expensive.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
i am sick of my life at min

HI Tracey .. and welcome to the forum..

.. plenty of fulltimers on here to advise.. we did it for three years..

My first question, why are you sick of your life ?

It may sound attractive to pack up and go off and live in a van.. to escape .. but life goes on, work, bills, etc. and problems you have now may just follow you.

Fulltime is not an easy life .. it is an alternative life with a whole set of different problems to overcome.. so think about why you feel the way you do and how to resolve any issues before jumping ship.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the fun. Fulltiming is different things to different people. With decent batteries and sufficient solar you can manage without leccy. Washing using a tub and posser also possible which brings us to your hobby. Well I have in my loft an original 1950's Hobbies treadle fretsaw that would enable you to continue your scrollsaw hobby without power. Open to reasonable offers. You could of course use a mixture of wilding and sites depends where you have to be for work really.

OP
OP
D

doddy555

Free Member
Feb 27, 2014
manchester
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
not got one yet
hi thanks for your comments, i sick of my life so true, i dont want it like it is now, bricks an mortar big garden,i would love the life i know i would, just need help to sort it, maybe advice really,so come on you full timers put me of if you can lol only kidding, i have a lot to learn, i know, but i thought i would learn by posting on here :)

OP
OP
D

doddy555

Free Member
Feb 27, 2014
manchester
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
not got one yet
hi i have decided to down size and get smallrt house, and get a 2 berth motor home, and do weekends,holidays, so looking forward to it, i have read a lot on here and its helped so much, thank you to all x

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Travelling can certainly broaden your horizons.
We wish you lots of luck with your ambitions.
There are several full timers on here who are a mine of information. You have come to the right place.
We would love to travel more but are still firmly in the rat race and have a while yet before we have sufficient financial independence.

Good luck!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Tracey, it's always nice when you give feedback. The forum is a great place for asking questions and putting things into perspective. When you are buying your van that's when you need to really ask questions saves a lot of stress getting what suits your needs. If it's off eBay check here to make sure it's genuine, so many scams, but also some good deals.

OP
OP
D

doddy555

Free Member
Feb 27, 2014
manchester
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
not got one yet
Travelling can certainly broaden your horizons.
We wish you lots of luck with your ambitions.
There are several full timers on here who are a mine of information. You have come to the right place.
We would love to travel more but are still firmly in the rat race and have a while yet before we have sufficient financial independence.

Good luck!
thanks for reply, i would love to do it full time, but i havent the funds, i have realised i need to have property , and motor home, but who knows i future what happens x

OP
OP
D

doddy555

Free Member
Feb 27, 2014
manchester
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
not got one yet
Hi Tracey, it's always nice when you give feedback. The forum is a great place for asking questions and putting things into perspective. When you are buying your van that's when you need to really ask questions saves a lot of stress getting what suits your needs. If it's off eBay check here to make sure it's genuine, so many scams, but also some good deals.
aww i have loved reading all sorts on here. has helped , so much,hey i will be on here all time love the site, and yes when i ready i will be a pain with all questions. its goig to be a while, putting house up for sale next year, fingers crossed it wont take long. in the mean time i will be here learing , x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back