Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 3 hours on the terminal.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to your journey.
For customers travelling today via our French Terminal
Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
Last update: 07/07/2015 - 09:40 (GMT +1hr)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
A "trespass incident" onto one of the trains according to the news.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
they dont give up do they:( heard that there was an incident the morning with people in the tunnel. bet the french cant wait for brexit and they will shove the lot this side of the channel...or crossing will take days not hours:coffee:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
they dont give up do they:( heard that there was an incident the morning with people in the tunnel. bet the french cant wait for brexit and they will shove the lot this side of the channel...or crossing will take days not hours:coffee:
I'd have thought it'd be the other way around - the French fear a Brexit - because then our shutters would really come down [probably]

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I'd have thought it'd be the other way around - the French fear a Brexit - because then our shutters would really come down [probably]

so how do we eat without trucks (Vision of WW2 ration books)......so a no vote means I cant go to Europe in my van? (even if it takes two days to get back in)

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Judgemental I was presuming your first post was about migration. Out of the EU we wouldn't have to accept 'free movement' of all EU citizens, nor give them rights to benefits.
Of course we'd still have our 'obligations' towards political refugees & asylum seekers.
I believe the EU sells about as much to us as we sell to them, and I'd guess we spend more tourist Euro, then they do £'s.
So I'd think common self interest would not hinder trade or tourism too much.

In the long term, if the French don't get a grip on this mess then businesses (and tourists) will eventually decide longer crossings & other routes are just as cost effective, and then Calais will be in real trouble.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
That's sad but as you said "inevitable".
Perhaps it might focus minds on doing something but I suspect a big political row with lots of bureaucratic hand-wringing with plenty of lessons to be learned but not much action.

No doubt this sounds harsh & cold, but I really feel sorry for those held up by the (also inevitable) delays whilst "investigations" are carried out.
My real sympathies are with the poor sod driving the train.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
my sympathy lie with the boy and his family and driver secondly.

of topic but maybe of interest: I used to work on London underground, 70% of jumpers used to survive. and end up in a far worse position then before they jumped..missing limbs, no legs..in a wheelchair for life etc....:(

I also was working at kings cross 10 years ago today. thankfully on night shift so missed the carnage of the day but not the aftemath

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
so how do we eat without trucks (Vision of WW2 ration books)......so a no vote means I cant go to Europe in my van? (even if it takes two days to get back in)
Theoretically that is correct.
The UK is not self sufficient in food production.
The UK is already suffering from food shortages due to the trucks being unable to cross freely & stuff contaminated by migrants having to be destroyed, I was reading last night.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya they need to fit the trains with cow catchers..and push back to where they or it came from

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Slightly off topic, but just spotted on Twitter that DFDS are currently not operating the Dover Calais service, is has been re-routed to Dunkirk! Nothing about it in the news though!
http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/customer-service/dover-dunkirk/dover-travel-disruption
That's because DFDS are not being allowed into Calais as they have purchased the myferrylink ships but have said they will only be employing 200 of the 600 staff - that's part of what caused all the problems last week - so an agreement was reached to allow P&O to use Calais again but not DFDS.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
yet they are still selling tickets to calais - whilst all the dunkik ones are sold out
The irony is, we wanted to take the ferry to Dunkirk, but it was sold out months ago on the date we wanted. So we booked Calais, on the 22nd. Still crossing our fingers that we will actually reach France at all!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The irony is, we wanted to take the ferry to Dunkirk, but it was sold out months ago on the date we wanted. So we booked Calais, on the 22nd. Still crossing our fingers that we will actually reach France at all!

cant see the dispute going on another two and a half weeks but you never know! We go over on tunnel on 23rd. but flexible if it comes to it.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We came thro the Chunnel on Sunday, no bother at all. But apart from the French police on the immediate entrance we did not see any security at all. Could Eurotunnel not employ some private security along the line of the Blackwater guys ? The same ones who do security in Iraq etc ? A few of them with baseball bats and big dogs patrolling round would deter the illegals and reassure the law-abiding !!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I stole this off an earlier post but it seemed very useful when it came to knowing where the migrants are based.
Like many others I am concerned about travelling through Calais and may well avoid it in future. I am sure that the French unions would disagree but would it not make good sense to divert services to Boulogne or Dunkirk. As I will be heading for Spain in a couple of weeks, no doubt someone will divert ships to Ostend.
_83830339_calais_624.jpg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We came thro the Chunnel on Sunday, no bother at all. But apart from the French police on the immediate entrance we did not see any security at all. Could Eurotunnel not employ some private security along the line of the Blackwater guys ? The same ones who do security in Iraq etc ? A few of them with baseball bats and big dogs patrolling round would deter the illegals and reassure the law-abiding !!
Believe me, you may not see them but they are there, we parked on cite Europe last Thursday night, immigrants up and down the road all the time, but when three of them came and sat in the hedge behind us , it was only about ten minutes before two huge guys with an equally large dog came and turfed them out, and during the night helicopters were in the sky above with search lights on.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the terminal which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 2 hours on the terminal.
Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the terminal which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
Last update: 07/07/2015 - 13:00 (GMT +1hr)

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
  • Latest Travel Information
  • For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the terminal which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 90 minutes on the terminal.
    Our passenger service is currently operating to schedule with up to 2 departures per hour. We wish you a pleasant crossing with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle.

Last update: 07/07/2015 - 15:08 (GMT +1hr)

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
  • Latest Travel Information
  • For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating to schedule with up to 3 departures per hour. We wish you a pleasant crossing with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle.
    Our passenger service is currently operating to schedule with up to 3 departures per hour. We wish you a pleasant crossing with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle.

Last update: 07/07/2015 - 17:00 (GMT +1hr)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back